Anyone near Bournemouth/identify the car

For general chat, questions etc about cars designed by JP - the main forum
Terror Factor
Name: Jasper

Anyone near Bournemouth/identify the car

Postby Terror Factor » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:02 pm

Hi all,

In a bit of an impulse, I bid on a kit car on eBay. I couldn't reach the seller in time to answer my questions, so made a blind offer. Of course I won.
The seller gave me to the weekend to pick the car up, not that easy if you're in Belgium and have a job. I'm trying to work something out, but I'm posting here as a backup plan.

The car is SORN and has no MOT (used as a track car the last few years).

Soooo, very cheeky question: does someone near Bournemouth have the room to store the car for a few weeks, or is travelling to the continent with an empty trailer or knows a good transportation company that could arrange pick up in a very short time?

I'm trying my best, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to pull it off in that timeframe....
It's a fisher fury according to the ad, although it is registered as a phoenix. I don't know them well enough and hadn't had time to look into it, but they should both be fine for my needs.

The car in question:

adithorp
Name: adrian thorp

Re: Anyone near Bournemouth/identify the car

Postby adithorp » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:31 pm

For identification purposes you probably need to post the picture of the front suspension that you put on LCBs.

For anyone who hasn't seen that, it has outboard shocks.

Terror Factor
Name: Jasper

Re: Anyone near Bournemouth/identify the car

Postby Terror Factor » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:13 pm

The picture of the front end:

It looks like it'll get worked out. A transporter on pistonheads contacted me. This couldn't go though as his scheduling didn't work for the seller, but he referred me to a colleague that can help me out. They both seem to have a good reputation, so I'm fairly confident it'll be okay.
I'm getting a bit anxious now, this thing has so much potential!

I am really considering buying a trailer or a van myself, there are too many cool cars in the UK and I can't help myself.
I'll keep you guys informed! ETA is next week on Friday.

Return to “Jeremy Philips Cars”