Fury Sports Cars Graphic

For general chat, questions etc about cars designed by JP - the main forum
chrisp1973
Name: Christian Palmer

Fury Sports Cars Graphic

Postby chrisp1973 » Wed May 23, 2018 9:43 am

Does anyone have a high resolution image of the Fury Sports Cars logo that could be used to produce graphics?

Thank you

Christian.
Kindest regards

Christian :D

pigeondave
Name: David Malenczak

Re: Fury Sports Cars Graphic

Postby pigeondave » Wed May 23, 2018 1:18 pm

Try asking directly on their Facebook page.

It appears the best way to get a quick answer on things from them, as Steve is sometimes too busy to run for the phone.

Toed64
Name: Alister Monro

Postby Toed64 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:32 pm

pigeondave wrote:Try asking directly on their Facebook page.

It appears the best way to get a quick answer on things from them, as Steve is sometimes too busy to run for the phone.

Serious question: is that business still running? Nobody has ever answered the phone when I've tried to call. There's no answer phone either.

I was thinking of buying a new kit, but because I was never able to speak to anyone, I'm buying a part built car instead.

jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Postby jeffw » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:06 pm

As far as I'm aware it is still running. There are only two of them (most of the time) so best to use Facebook or visit.

Toed64

Postby Toed64 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:39 pm

jeffw wrote:As far as I'm aware it is still running. There are only two of them (most of the time) so best to use Facebook or visit.

OK, that's good, thank you. I might suggest that they get an answerphone - I can't be the only person that wished to give them money.

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:49 pm

I've been telling them for 10 years.... :?

Toed64

Postby Toed64 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:07 am

OK, so it's a choice...the upside must be that these little cars are more exclusive than they might be otherwise! :D

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:17 am

I think, in reality, that the kitcar market is shrinking. When it was Fisher Fury they use to do 30+ cars a year (if memory serves) and now it is Steve on his own (via Kit Car Workshop and BGH) it is more like 4-6 a year. Just the moving of the markets.

If you want a new one I would strongly suggest keep on trying the phone and then going down to see them.

Toed64

Postby Toed64 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:09 am

jeffw wrote:I think, in reality, that the kitcar market is shrinking. When it was Fisher Fury they use to do 30+ cars a year (if memory serves) and now it is Steve on his own (via Kit Car Workshop and BGH) it is more like 4-6 a year. Just the moving of the markets.

If you want a new one I would strongly suggest keep on trying the phone and then going down to see them.

Too late, I bought nearly finished Fury yesterday. A complete set of parts to play with!

I think you're probably right. It's a fashion thing too. Look at Stuart Mills' MEV range. The Exocet is fun, simple to build and is increasingly, seriously ugly! MEV's sold many hundreds of them (probably 1000s by now) and they are manufacturing them in USA, NZ and Oz. The MUCH prettier Replicar kit was not much more to buy, almost identical under the skin and was consequently easy to stick together, it even looks almost as good as a Fury ;) ...but it didn't sell in anything like the numbers of its ugly sibling.

OP sorry about the hijack. Good luck with getting the graphic sorted. I think I'll use a Sylva badge as a nod to Jeremy. I rather like the one on the nose of my Riot...

Snapper
Name: Paul Kemp

Postby Snapper » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:06 pm

I’ve just done a bit of InDesign training which uses vector graphics, a logo would be best built in Adobe Illustrator in a vector graphic format as it would scale without loss of resolution to any size.
I’m currently exploring this as I’m currently a photoshop pro which is raster based that said I can usually mock-up most requirements in photoshop if I have an end size

Return to “Jeremy Philips Cars”