Green Striker/Black Wings?

For general chat, questions etc about cars designed by JP - the main forum
Edd

Green Striker/Black Wings?

Postby Edd » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:05 pm

Hi All,
Seems it's massively cheaper to buy new bodywork for my striker then get the existing repaired.
I'm looking at new front wings and rear body from Raw. Thay can only do the 3 piece rear tub now which is fine, makes future replacement bloody easier!
However, may main colour is green with yellow chassis. I am wondering how Black wings, front and rear would look, with keeping my exisiting green/yellow nose, green bonnet and green main rear.
I have seen red strikers with black wings and black chassis just not sure how black winhs would look on green with yellow chassis!
Any experts at rendering?
Edd

adithorp
Name: adrian thorp

Re: Green Striker/Black Wings?

Postby adithorp » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:46 pm

Sounds good to me. I like the black and green scheme with the yellow nose. Not sure how the yellow chassis would affect the overall look.

peter030371
Name: Peter Smith

Postby peter030371 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:11 am

I am trying to picture it in my head but my brain doesn't work that way! The 3 part rear body work looks better than the old single part body and is a little easier to work with (having now had both types).
Editor of 'The Proper Job'

Edd

Postby Edd » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:37 pm

I'm leaning towards staying all green, and looking forward to seeing the 3 piece kit, need to stop the paint chips though, any ideas?
Edd

peter030371

Postby peter030371 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:53 pm

Edd wrote:I'm leaning towards staying all green, and looking forward to seeing the 3 piece kit, need to stop the paint chips though, any ideas?
Edd

I have chips in the rear wing gelcoat after 300'ish miles :(

Was going to look at getting them wrapped in something but not sure what yet, however just found out that at the end of my road is a company that wraps cars (down a lane at a private house so easy to miss) so i'm going to go and bend there ears about it ;)

peter030371

Postby peter030371 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:57 pm

Just poking around the internet at lunch time and found this picture Image Its got black (well carbon) front wings but I think it looks OK with the green and yellow bodywork plus the yellow chassis :)

Edd

Postby Edd » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:51 pm

I saw that one, it's more what the rear wings would look like in black.
Edd

peter030371

Postby peter030371 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:14 pm

Edd wrote:I saw that one, it's more what the rear wings would look like in black.
Edd

Must be someone on here that is good with photoshop?

jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Postby jeffw » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:16 pm

peter030371 wrote:
Edd wrote:I'm leaning towards staying all green, and looking forward to seeing the 3 piece kit, need to stop the paint chips though, any ideas?
Edd

I have chips in the rear wing gelcoat after 300'ish miles :(

Was going to look at getting them wrapped in something but not sure what yet, however just found out that at the end of my road is a company that wraps cars (down a lane at a private house so easy to miss) so i'm going to go and bend there ears about it ;)

You can get the car wrapped in clear wrap if you want. It will go yellowish over a few years and discolour near any heat source.

peter030371

Postby peter030371 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:28 pm

jeffw wrote:You can get the car wrapped in clear wrap if you want. It will go yellowish over a few years and discolour near any heat source.

I have heard that before but only interested in the rear wings as they take a battering from stones. Also the 'better' brands such as 3M are supposed to be better long term. If it just stops some of the damage it might be worth it. Lets see what price they give me first ;)

Return to “Jeremy Philips Cars”