Sylva Jester

For general chat, questions etc about cars designed by JP - the main forum
dippysteve
Name: Steve Dawe

Sylva Jester

Postby dippysteve » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:54 pm

Thanks so much for letting me join the forum.

I have just bought my first kit car. It is a Sylva Jester. Body number SJ87. The body was bought in 1998 and the completed kit was first registered in September 2000. It's registration number is Q587 CMX. I was hoping there may be someone on this forum that may know a little of its history. I can tell you that the engine is a Kent Crossflow Fiesta MK1 Super sport 1300 engine. It needs a little TLC, but is running reasonably well, but will be going in for a professional tune up on a rolling road next week. I will then be getting her resprayed ready for the Car show season.

Kindest Regards

Steve

Jester
Name: Anthony

Re: Sylva Jester

Postby Jester » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:36 am

Nice choice on your kitcar :D I am still trying to finsh mine 18 years and counting :lol:

Jester

Postby Jester » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:38 am

Any Pic's :)

dippysteve

Postby dippysteve » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:27 pm

Here is a link to some photos on my google drive. The car needs some work but I hope to get it all sorted over the next few weeks. I plan on keeping it for the long run so will do whatever needs doing. I will be taking her to have the engine tuned up next Thursday by an "old school" mechanic, who is going to put her on a rolling road and do some torque/power tests. It runs really well once warmed up, but I keep wanting to reach for 5th gear....

https://photos.app.goo.gl/yL56SwYOKiE2g3Dm2

Jester

Postby Jester » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:18 am

dippysteve wrote:Here is a link to some photos on my google drive. The car needs some work but I hope to get it all sorted over the next few weeks. I plan on keeping it for the long run so will do whatever needs doing. I will be taking her to have the engine tuned up next Thursday by an "old school" mechanic, who is going to put her on a rolling road and do some torque/power tests. It runs really well once warmed up, but I keep wanting to reach for 5th gear....

https://photos.app.goo.gl/yL56SwYOKiE2g3Dm2

but I keep wanting to reach for 5th gear.... :lol: Will take some getting used to after driving modern cars.Your right about old school mechanic.

Had to find one to get mine started again.

No modern mobile tuner had no Idea what to do. They just like to plug in and watch the screen for fault codes no good for a 70/80 car

After taking a test drive years ago I was buying one. Just have to finsh it now Great fun car.

Are you keeping it the same colour

May see you at Stoneleigh :D

dippysteve

Postby dippysteve » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:54 pm

Im in the process of prepping for a respray... It has not been very well looked after. I am going to spray it a burnt orange colour to match my new suzuki ignis. Then I will paint my teardrop caravan the same colour to match either one..... I can then use either car to show the caravan I made, which is a very popular exhibit at the shows I go to.

Do you have any picture of your car?

Jester

Postby Jester » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:37 pm

I do have some put as Photobucket no longer works for free I can't post picture on the Forums I am on. Some I have tried are worse for junk than the Free Photobucket was :shock: Will keep looking till I find one.

It's a shame the last owner never looked after your car as well as it sounds your going to :(

Jester

Postby Jester » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:31 am

One picture so far :D

Jester

Postby Jester » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:34 pm

Jester wrote:One picture so far :D

Got a second one for the time being :D

dippysteve

Postby dippysteve » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:57 pm

Here are some up to date pictures of my progress. I have decided on white rather than burnt orange as it looks more classy i think. https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZeqmLnGlWmWraZ4N2

Return to “Jeremy Philips Cars”