Fury Chassis setup 'Wandering'

For general chat, questions etc about cars designed by JP - the main forum
Tony C
Name: Tony Cook

Re: Fury Chassis setup 'Wandering'

Postby Tony C » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:46 pm

adithorp wrote:
Tony C wrote: ...I'd like to poly bush the bottom wishbones, but not yet found any

I poly bushed mine. I'll try and find details of where I got them.

Thanks, I've bought some from Tiger Racing, a good fit in the wishbone, just needed shortening slightly;

https://www.tigerracing.com/shop/suspen ... -bush.html
Fisher Fury Le Mans

adithorp
Name: adrian thorp

Postby adithorp » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:43 pm

Look very similar to what I got from Superflex. I had to trim them a bit too. I got stainless crush tubes (from somewhere else) and had to shorten those as well.

Tony C

Postby Tony C » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:50 am

While I've got the front suspension apart awaiting new ferrules and bushes for the top wishbone wondering whether fitting a grease nipple to each to keep the bushes greased would be a good idea? Thanks
Fisher Fury Le Mans

adithorp

Postby adithorp » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:15 pm

Yes, it's a common modification. Fit the grease nipple in the middle of the tube. I also put a spiral groove in the bush (stuck it in the lath on a slow speed and ran a tool through on a fast feed).

Mine seized up after a couple of years before I did this but not had an issue since (8 more years) and I only grease them once a year.

Tony C

Postby Tony C » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:20 am

adithorp wrote:Yes, it's a common modification. Fit the grease nipple in the middle of the tube. I also put a spiral groove in the bush (stuck it in the lath on a slow speed and ran a tool through on a fast feed).

Mine seized up after a couple of years before I did this but not had an issue since (8 more years) and I only grease them once a year.

Thanks, sounds like a good modification to make, the old bushes and ferrules are badly worn and bone dry, no sign of grease :o
Fisher Fury Le Mans

adithorp

Postby adithorp » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:10 pm

I put the grooves in as someone else who'd done it said they'd had trouble getting the grease through. If you can't do spiral grooves then shallow saw cuts would be OK. I do occasionally think about replacing the tube with a stainless one but just haven't got round to it.

Only down side is, any time you reach in to fiddle with something in front of the engine, you get grease up your arm :x

pigeondave
Name: David Malenczak

Postby pigeondave » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:32 pm

Yep me too
i got grease nipple, not cuts though

Tony C

Postby Tony C » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:06 pm

Thanks all, I don't have access to a lathe so I'll be trying a saw cut or possibly a small drilled hole to deposit grease part way along the bush, I can practice with the old ones.
Fisher Fury Le Mans

jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Postby jeffw » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:39 am

I must admit to have never fitting a grease nipple. Use to dismantle the front end and grease it once every 6 months or so. The way to tell if it is all free to move is to disconnect the shock and move the the corner through its full range (on jack stands with the wheel removed). I've seen a number of cars where the shock and wheel can be removed and the wishbones stay in the same place, some which take a real effort to move.

Tony C

Postby Tony C » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:20 pm

Thanks Jeff, I'm hoping the combination of returning front end to standard set up and replacing worn components will sort my handling issues, but simple enough to check every 6 months as you suggest, my shocks weren't vertical either so that wasn't helping :shock:
Fisher Fury Le Mans

Return to “Jeremy Philips Cars”