Fury ride height

For general chat, questions etc about cars designed by JP - the main forum
tims31
Name: Martin

Fury ride height

Postby tims31 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:06 pm

Hi Guys,

Took my Fury out today for a shake down run to test the brakes gears etc and although it was quite a bumpy road I was finding I was bottoming out quite alot to the point where I have given my sump a bit of a grounding out.

What sort of ride height are you guys running. I have the ProTech shocks and the collar is wound quite far down so I guess I need to run this up a bit to give me the extra ground clearance.

Also when on full lock the right front tyre is rubbing on the headlamp housing bodywork part, will this also clear once I have raised the ride height do you think?

It will really need a a good setup once through IVA as I find it is wandering side to side at the moment.

adithorp
Name: adrian thorp

Re: Fury ride height

Postby adithorp » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:35 pm

From memory, I've got 120mm at the front (under the front chassis rail) and 140mm at the rear (outer corner of the rear cockpit cross rail). Lower wishbones front and rear are level. Think there's about 80mm under my sump guard.

What springs rates do you have?

My wheels didn't rub on the headlight bowls at ride height but did in use with suspension movement. I PU'd an ally cup under the corner where they rubbed. Eventually those fell off while on tour and the tyre wore through. I trimmed the GRP and fitted a panel to the chamfered hole. No issue now.

pigeondave
Name: David Malenczak

Postby pigeondave » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:19 pm

under the front chassis member 126mm
the rear is 14mm higher.

tims31
Name: Martin

Postby tims31 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:15 am

Thanks for the replies guys. I ended up screwing the spring up 1 inch which gave me a front rail clearance of 120mm and now all is good, no rubbing and the sump clearance is good too.

Return to “Jeremy Philips Cars”