Fury VIN Plate

For general chat, questions etc about cars designed by JP - the main forum
tims31
Name: Martin

Fury VIN Plate

Postby tims31 » Fri May 05, 2017 4:06 am

When completing my IVA application and then double checking in the IVA manual my VIN number which was supplied and fitted to my chassis by Fury Sportscars when I collected it has the letter I stamped into it which is a character which is not allowed.

When I completed the online form it wouldn't allow me to fill in as it had this character but I called them and they said just complete with 17 zeros and then email us the VIN number.

I have now heard back from VOSA that the character is not allowed and needs to be changed.

Does anyone else out there with a Fury have the letter 'I' in their VIN number. Steve at Fury has used the characters IRS so mine is FSC******IRS*****

How do I stand if this was done by the manufacturer who I would assume has done this before as it denotes an IRS chassis.

shfury
Name: Simon

Re: Fury VIN Plate

Postby shfury » Fri May 05, 2017 3:02 pm

Are you sure its an I (i) rather than a 1 (one) stamped in your chassis?

This is my partial VIN. I also had to have a new plate welded on using a continuous weld around the plate rather than corner or partial tacks.

[mailto:no-reply@vosa.gsi.gov.uk]
On Behalf
Of tas@vosa.gsi.gov.uk
Sent: 14 February 2015 07:20
Subject: [TaSS 328] - Application Accepted
Importance: High

Your application for IVA1C Basic Category A, S, C, W has been accepted for
assessment.

Vehicle Identification Number: FSC1901121RSXXXXX

adithorp
Name: adrian thorp

Postby adithorp » Fri May 05, 2017 4:55 pm

My chassis was supplied by KitCarWorkshop without a chassis number. When I got to the point of needing it, I got a number from BGH and mine was also supplied as ...IRS... and the chassis plate (I made+welded) has that. I filled in the SVA forms as that and it wasn't mentioned/noticed until the test when the tester changed the paperwork to a 1and he said "take a punch to that and make it look like a one". Just looked and the chassis plate still has an I

The reg forms had also gone in ahead of SVA (to get the ball rolling) with an I and V5 later came back with it replaced with a 1. This was when DVLA still had local offices and used to insist on inspecting it themselves after SVA/IVA to check chassis and engine numbers.

tims31
Name: Martin

Postby tims31 » Sat May 06, 2017 11:41 am

Yes the plate is definately an I and not a 1 (Has a horizontal line top and bottom). I think VOSA will allow it to be changed to a 1 and I will try and restamp the I to look like a 1.

I will also have to get the manufacturer plates remadenow too which is anoying. Have heard back from Steve at Fury and he is aware of it as he had to change one too so lets hope it doesnt continue to happen.

Return to “Jeremy Philips Cars”