Phoenix wide arch extension

For general chat, questions etc about cars designed by JP - the main forum
jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Re: Pretty wide at the back

Postby jeffw » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:05 pm

New plan. Because the difference in track front to back is so large, Rob Johnston Racing is going to extend the front wishbones :) This will push the front wheels out to the same as the rear and help with turn in. Only downside is they need it for another week, which is fine.

peter030371
Name: Peter Smith

Postby peter030371 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:36 am

Will longer wishbones affect your motion rate which will affect your wheel rate which will affect your spring/ shock choice (and yes I had to google that lot to make sure I got the right terms!)?

Or are you working on the principle of 'suck it and see' ;)

I think you should re-calculate what shocks you need and sell me your front Penske shocks which are now bound to be wrong for a bargain price :lol:
Editor of 'The Proper Job'

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:33 am

It will be a spring change to get the correct frequency. Something we can calculate from the new dimensions and change the front springs from 270 to something else.

No cheap Penske shocks will be available...

peter030371

Postby peter030371 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:08 pm

jeffw wrote:No cheap Penske shocks will be available...

Bugger....

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:18 pm

You would have had to get the rears passed Debbie..... :shock: :o :lol:

pigeondave
Name: David Malenczak

Postby pigeondave » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:21 pm

peter030371 wrote:Will longer wishbones affect your motion rate which will affect your wheel rate which will affect your spring/ shock choice (and yes I had to google that lot to make sure I got the right terms!)?

Or are you working on the principle of 'suck it and see' ;)

I think you should re-calculate what shocks you need and sell me your front Penske shocks which are now bound to be wrong for a bargain price :lol:

Theres that, and wont it also change the ackermann angle and give you less ackermann? ( I googled too, but i included a link :lol: )

http://www.super7thheaven.co.uk/glossar ... ann-angle/

peter030371

Postby peter030371 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:32 pm

jeffw wrote:You would have had to get the rears passed Debbie..... :shock: :o :lol:

I suspect I would end up sleeping in the garage if I spent that much on some new shocks when the current ones haven't been used yet :twisted:

adithorp
Name: adrian thorp

Postby adithorp » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:51 pm

And there was me thinking I'd messed up when I changed springs and shocks at the same time (therefore ignoring the change one thing at a time rule). With all those changes and new adjustments you've done this winter,it'd take me years to work out what was going on and getit how I wanted.

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:45 pm

peter030371 wrote:
jeffw wrote:You would have had to get the rears passed Debbie..... :shock: :o :lol:

I suspect I would end up sleeping in the garage if I spent that much on some new shocks when the current ones haven't been used yet :twisted:

I suspect you would end up sleeping in a burning garage ;)

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:46 pm

adithorp wrote:And there was me thinking I'd messed up when I changed springs and shocks at the same time (therefore ignoring the change one thing at a time rule). With all those changes and new adjustments you've done this winter,it'd take me years to work out what was going on and getit how I wanted.

Normally I'd agree with you but I'm bonkers enough to try this. It maybe brilliant or it may need further work.

Return to “Jeremy Philips Cars”