Sigh...three steps back

For general chat, questions etc about cars designed by JP - the main forum
jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Sigh...three steps back

Postby jeffw » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:18 pm

So the other day I noticed a fuel leak at the rear of the car, turned out it was dripping off the return from the swirl pot and appeared to be coming through the braided AN-6 line.....:(

So this weekend I decided I needed to fix it before getting on with a host of other jobs on the car. The swirl pot is under the TB/Plenum and you can't get to the line connection from the side.....So top of the tunnel off, plenum off, throttle bodies and inlet off, rear of the car take the panels off, drill out the boot floor rivets to get to the other end. I'd bought new hose so off with all the P clips, undid the front AN-6 connector and tied a wire to the braided hose so I can pull the new hose back the same way (2hrs in by now)

Went to the back to disconnect the AN-6 connector into the tank...and its loose....wtf ! Took it off and it is covered in dirt and had petrol all over the outside of the connector. So nothing wrong with the hose at all and I have to wait till the middle of the week for a new inlet gasket :(

Sometimes you go backwards before going forwards...

In other news the car will have new Force Wheels shortly (3 sets, Black, Red and Blue) which will be 10" rear and 8" fronts. Once I have a set with tyres on (F3 slicks already in the garage) it is off to Sylva Sportcars at Mallory to have the bodywork extended by 2" front and 4" rear and having all the bodywork damaged made good and then.....a respray. Not sure on the colour scheme yet but tempted by midnight blue .

Once it is back the Penske shocks should be here and it can go to Boss racing to be setup.

First events at the end of March...almost the motorsport season again !

Boondougal
Name: Sam Carney

Re: Sigh...three steps back

Postby Boondougal » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:28 pm

Frustrating when that happens but I guess you have the assurance that the whole lot will now be new!!

adithorp
Name: adrian thorp

Postby adithorp » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:44 pm

Annoying but you're not the first and you won't be the last that that sort of thing happens to.

pigeondave
Name: David Malenczak

Postby pigeondave » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:08 pm

jeffw wrote:
In other news the car will have new Force Wheels shortly (3 sets, Black, Red and Blue) which will be 10" rear and 8" fronts.

Once it is back the Penske shocks should be here and it can go to Boss racing to be setup.

What design did you go for on the wheels ?

What are the Penske shocks 3 ways?

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:24 pm

DSY wheels and the Penske shocks are 4 way

pigeondave
Name: David Malenczak

Postby pigeondave » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:29 pm

jeffw wrote: Penske shocks are 4 way

Oh swish, what sort of travel length do you get with them being 4way.

Im thinking i remembering something about the more ways adjustment you get the shorter the stroke of the damper.
But I have been drinking far too many Bombardino s recently, so could be mistaken.

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:48 pm

Turns out it is the hose leaking after all. Going to cut out the leaking part and extend the rubber hose.

Return to “Jeremy Philips Cars”