ZX9R powered car

For general chat, questions etc about cars designed by JP - the main forum
martin
Name: Martin

ZX9R powered car

Postby martin » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:00 am

Does anybody have a ZX9R powered car?
I have just bought an STM ZX9R Phoenix and am concerned by the fact that the sump hangs so far below the car and the car rides high, perhaps to protect the sump?.
I am considering making a shallow sump so that I can dos the ride height and wondered what other installations are like.

Cheers,

Martin

jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Re: ZX9R powered car

Postby jeffw » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:38 am

It is an unusual engine these days. You might find someone on Locostbuilders with experience of them.

adithorp
Name: adrian thorp

Postby adithorp » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:37 pm

All the ZX sumps I've seen do seem to be very deep. It might be worth a call to Andy Bates at AB Performance and pick his brains. He's only got later engine billet sumps listed but he'll probably know what your best options are.

martin

Postby martin » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:52 pm

jeffw wrote:It is an unusual engine these days. You might find someone on Locostbuilders with experience of them.

Found a shortened ump for sale on Locostbuilders but I am a bit concerned about loss of capacity, I might have a go at making one but keeping the capacity as bike engines don't have a lot of oil to start with.

martin

Postby martin » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:53 pm

adithorp wrote:All the ZX sumps I've seen do seem to be very deep. It might be worth a call to Andy Bates at AB Performance and pick his brains. He's only got later engine billet sumps listed but he'll probably know what your best options are.

I found their web site but a good idea to ring them, I shall try later this week.

adithorp
Name: adrian thorp

Postby adithorp » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:50 pm

Andy is really helpful (prob' too much for his own good) and if anyone know he will. He's not been well recently (bad back) so might take a few attempts to get hold of him.
The other alternative is ask on locostbuilders as there's a few people that have or had zx9s there.

pigeondave
Name: David Malenczak

Postby pigeondave » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:52 pm

Also, RE Andy. He has quite a lot of trouble with the phone lines out there. If the phones out try an email or bloody Facebook.

Return to “Jeremy Philips Cars”