New Member - South Oxfordshire

For general chat, questions etc about cars designed by JP - the main forum
motivforz
Name: Chris

New Member - South Oxfordshire

Postby motivforz » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:41 pm

Just a post to introduce myself. I have been into kit cars since I was 16 and my teacher built a Tiger 6. At 17 I bought a robin hood 2B, which I had to sell before university, although that was probably a close call and a blessing in disguise. I bought a locost off locostbuilders 2.5 years ago which I have absolutely loved running and trouble shooting. It's taught me a lot about respect for a car! But I've always thought about fury ownership - especially the Le Mans bonnet style. This has lead to me hopefully picking one up this coming Saturday (Christmas has properly come early!), with old making way for the new when I get round to tidying up the locost for selling.

I'm a design engineer, so if anyone needs bits CAD'ing up then give me a shout. Happy to help any way I can, and if anyone is local (I've already seen the map and added myself) and fancies a run out then please get in touch! I'm sure I'll be asking for advice in the near future.

Cheers,
Chris

adithorp
Name: adrian thorp

Re: New Member - South Oxfordshire

Postby adithorp » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:00 pm

Welcome to Fury ownership, Chris. Any pictures of the car?

peter030371
Name: Peter Smith

Postby peter030371 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:53 pm

Yes we must have pictures, its the law :D

(oh and welcome!)
Editor of 'The Proper Job'

motivforz
Name: Chris

Postby motivforz » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:01 pm

Thanks for the welcome. The cars actually known to the forum, purchased from a chap known on as Mazie on here and LCB. Advert is here: https://jpsc.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1594

I picked it up on the 22nd - the first mutually suitable date, and trailered it from Coventry to South Oxfordshire which went ok apart from smashing up my friends trailer board on the driveway.

Mazie was a really nice chap to deal with, very helpful with the sale and afterwards. Glad to have bought a car with good history. Pictures will be taken and supplied on its first drive to the MOT station on Wednesday! :D

adithorp
Name: adrian thorp

Postby adithorp » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:15 pm

Nice motor.

AdamR
Name: Adam Read

Postby AdamR » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:38 pm

Welcome! Looks like you've picked up a nice car there... was close to going to look at that one a few weeks back, but ended up with a Se7en type again... Anyway, enjoy :D

Return to “Jeremy Philips Cars”