Sprint Dates 2013

For any motorsport activities
jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Re: Sprint Dates 2013

Postby jeffw » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:29 pm

I think it is 2 laps with one full and then 1 short as they are talking about 4.4 mile run. so 2.4 + 2.0 makes 4.4

Here is the info

Bognor Regis Motor Club Ltd are pleased to present our annual Regis Sprint at the Goodwood Motor Racing Circuit on
Saturday 27th April.

As regular competitors will know, the 2.4 mile long circuit is one of the fastest and most challenging you'll ever get to drive.
Often described as the spiritual home of motor racing, it has witnessed some fine performances by many of the great
racing drivers of the past, and now continues to do so following its revival for historic racing in 1998.
For 2013, we will be running a new format of 1.8 laps (4.4 miles).
The event is a round in three regional championships also this year a round of the 2013 SBD HSA Sprint Championship
and we welcome back the Service Hydraulics Speed Championship (formerly Midland Speed Champs), WSCC
Northampton Motorsport speed series and the SELOC.org Speed Championship.

Sorry but owing to lack of PC skills Regs & Entry form only by email bognorregismotorclub@hotmail.com sent by return!!

Anyone wishing to marshal can let me know via the same email address.
There is a lunch break of one hour starting between 12:00 & 14:00 and we give you (marshals not competitors!!) hot food!! :D

RobMsport
Name: Rob Farley

Postby RobMsport » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:00 pm

As said in my earlier post , 1.8 laps finishes in a stupid place --- they did this several years back but nobody liked it and said so on the feedback page provided. It finished then immediately before Woodcote at 1.75 laps , just where you would be travelling at 120mph minimum , more for some cars then have to turn right under braking :o
Can't see this format being safe either , unless of course you're NOT going flat through the finish which sort of defeats the object --- very strange move :?

David
Name: David Hussey

Postby David » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:17 pm

Sprints at the old Ty Croes circuit used to finish in the middle of a complex of bends. Incited you to go straight for the finish line and hope to sort the mess out afterwards. Not all succeeded.
Se7en Pervert -- by definition; I don't drive a Caterham

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:55 pm

Sorry, I though you have said 1.8 miles ie less than a full lap.

RobMsport
Name: Rob Farley

Postby RobMsport » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:23 pm

jeffw wrote:Sorry, I though you have said 1.8 miles ie less than a full lap.

Yes , you're right Jeff --- my typing error , mean't 1.8 laps , so avoids now't from a safety point of view , you'll be through the Chicane and past ' that ' pitwall end once anyway :?

dopdog
Name: Simon Boulter

Postby dopdog » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:32 pm

I am not going to worry about this yet until I see it :shock: . Just filled in my entry and ready to post, can not wait for it ;)

deecee
Name: David Cockburn

Postby deecee » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:05 pm

Hi everyone

Rob & Simon I know, David I met you briefly at a very wet sprint at Curborough in 2008? and Jeff I have not met you but bought your injectors which now provide fuel to my Duratec.

The J15 is all but ready, thanks in no small measure to Rob, so I have booked a test at Goodwood on 2nd April and entered the Lydden sprint on 6th April hoping nothing untoward happens on the 2nd. My plan was to enter the 27th April Goodwood event after the Lydden one but In view of your earlier posts would I be advised to enter straight away? I generally prefer not enter an event prior to completing an earlier one in case of issues with the car, especially an untested one.

David
Treachery and old age will always triumph over youthful enthusiasm.

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:24 pm

Looking forward to seeing the J15 :) I normally enter the events a month or so ahead so I'll be putting in entries for Lydden and Goodwood pretty soon :)

David
Name: David Hussey

Postby David » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:35 am

David

Over the last couple of (recessionary) years organizers have generally been short of entries -- ergo, it has been possible to book only a few days before the cut-off date at most events. This was not the case a few years back; then you needed to be in at least a month prior to the event.

Goodwood is the Lords/Wimbledon/Ascot of our sport, and is normally quite popular. It might be wise to get your entry in.

HTH

P.S. Hope to see you at Lydden
Se7en Pervert -- by definition; I don't drive a Caterham

dopdog
Name: Simon Boulter

Postby dopdog » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:53 am

Looked out of the window to see snow :o not good weather for the first sprint at north weald?

Return to “Motorsport”