Sprint Dates 2013

For any motorsport activities
RobMsport
Name: Rob Farley

Re: Sprint Dates 2013

Postby RobMsport » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:06 pm

Blimey David , anyone fancies his chances in that series is going to have to spend a lot of money :o 37 events plus travel and maybe B & B for some :roll:

David
Name: David Hussey

Postby David » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:04 pm

RobMsport wrote:Blimey David , anyone fancies his chances in that series is going to have to spend a lot of money :o 37 events plus travel and maybe B & B for some :roll:

Only your best ten count, Rob -- it's designed to let the northerners stay up north if they wish, and so that the southerners can stay soft ;)
Se7en Pervert -- by definition; I don't drive a Caterham

RobMsport

Postby RobMsport » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:40 am

David wrote:
RobMsport wrote:Blimey David , anyone fancies his chances in that series is going to have to spend a lot of money :o 37 events plus travel and maybe B & B for some :roll:

Only your best ten count, Rob -- it's designed to let the northerners stay up north if they wish, and so that the southerners can stay soft ;)

Ah , I see :) I do recall that when we in the ACSMC had 20 plus events , a certain ' Mr Silman ' did the lot ------ he may well be back in competition in 2013 ;)

David

Postby David » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:15 pm

RobMsport wrote:
David wrote:

Ah , I see :) I do recall that when we in the ACSMC had 20 plus events , a certain ' Mr Silman ' did the lot ------ he may well be back in competition in 2013 ;)

Understandable, Rob. Andy needed to do 20 events to get the same amount of track time as the rest of us got with ten. . . .

Lee Champion
Name: Lee Champion

Postby Lee Champion » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:15 pm

I am planning on doing the first two at North Weald, probobly the first in the mad mini and the second in my Phoenix.

David

Postby David » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:43 pm

Just applied for Lydden -- despite the mid-term weather forecast :shock:

RobMsport

Postby RobMsport » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:30 pm

I think my earliest event will be the Bognor Regis Goodwood sprint on the 27th April --- don't like their new 1.8 mile lap though , it's going to finish just as you go flat through Woodcote then need to lift off which is likely to see you into the rumble/grass etc !!! Don't get it at all , two straight laps makes more sense or leave it as one. :?
The reg's say you're expected to go slowly through the Chicane then off to the right back into the paddock by the refueling end.

jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Postby jeffw » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:03 pm

Right, North Weald this weekend :) Car is ready and I'm looking forward to it.

dopdog
Name: Simon Boulter

Postby dopdog » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:01 pm

Good luck Jeff, looking forward to the vid already ;)

I am not ready yet but will be like Rob and hopefully will be at Goodwood in April :D

David

Postby David » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:55 am

RobMsport wrote:I think my earliest event will be the Bognor Regis Goodwood sprint on the 27th April --- don't like their new 1.8 mile lap though , it's going to finish just as you go flat through Woodcote then need to lift off which is likely to see you into the rumble/grass etc !!! Don't get it at all , two straight laps makes more sense or leave it as one. :?
The reg's say you're expected to go slowly through the Chicane then off to the right back into the paddock by the refueling end.

1.8 miles means you won't get a complete lap. Presumably something to do with taking the end of the pit wall out of the run after last year's tragic event. Classic case of doing a risk analysis (or having it done for you by cruel luck), taking mitigating action, but possibly not doing another risk analysis on the effects of the "mitigating action"!

Does that mean you'll have two separate practice runs? If so, that'll probably reduce the number of entries they can accept.

Return to “Motorsport”