Where should I stick my................

For any motorsport activities
Taff Striker
Name: Richard Jones

Where should I stick my................

Postby Taff Striker » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:42 pm

Compliments of the season to one and all,
With a view to running in the road modified class next year I was wondering about the placemnt of tow points, both front and rear, on the Striker. Where have people mounted/defined theirs as I'm conscious that there's limited options without, in the event of needing a tow, the rope coming in to contact with some fibreglass and possibly damaging it.

Any suggestions/pics would be greatly appreciated.

Happy (and succesful) New Year to all.

Cheers, Rich ;)

RobMsport
Name: Rob Farley

Re: Where should I stick my................

Postby RobMsport » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:53 pm

Taff Striker wrote:Compliments of the season to one and all,
With a view to running in the road modified class next year I was wondering about the placemnt of tow points, both front and rear, on the Striker. Where have people mounted/defined theirs as I'm conscious that there's limited options without, in the event of needing a tow, the rope coming in to contact with some fibreglass and possibly damaging it.

Any suggestions/pics would be greatly appreciated.

Happy (and succesful) New Year to all.

Cheers, Rich ;)

You could attach it to the front lower chassis rail then simply velcro the other end under the nosecone , if using harness material .

David
Name: David Hussey

Postby David » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:58 am

Agree with Rob, Taff. Son Guy has been using that system in racing for years. Webbing fastened around front chassis member and diff carrier, Velcro holding it in place until needed.

For sprinting, though, I simply mark the cage. I've had some moans, but never been excluded. This is, after all, at least partly about transferring the onus for any damage from rescue crew to driver, and my system does that.
Se7en Pervert -- by definition; I don't drive a Caterham

RobMsport
Name: Rob Farley

Postby RobMsport » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:25 pm

David wrote:Agree with Rob, Taff. Son Guy has been using that system in racing for years. Webbing fastened around front chassis member and diff carrier, Velcro holding it in place until needed.

For sprinting, though, I simply mark the cage. I've had some moans, but never been excluded. This is, after all, at least partly about transferring the onus for any damage from rescue crew to driver, and my system does that.

I've never put any form of tow strap or marker for the rollbar as a tow point at the rear , only the front ---------- no scrutineer has ever said a word re- towing :o They all have their ' pet ' details to rage over especially at Goodwood and Brands . I think at Brands they're geared up for racing spec then get puzzled over our sprint reg's differences :roll:

David
Name: David Hussey

Postby David » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:03 pm

RobMsport wrote: I think at Brands they're geared up for racing spec then get puzzled over our sprint reg's differences :roll:

I'll second that :shock:
Se7en Pervert -- by definition; I don't drive a Caterham

Taff Striker

Postby Taff Striker » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:13 pm

OK, thanks guys for input - will do as directed however I don't think I'm going to worry the people at Brands any time soon ;)

JohnEM
Name: John Manser

Postby JohnEM » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:34 pm

Hi Taff
Never had a question about that here in the S.W.
Are you hoping to come down here to Wiscombe or any of our sprints?

John Manser

Taff Striker

Postby Taff Striker » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:31 pm

Hi John, A friend of mine has competed there a few times and loves it and also it has a few rounds of the Welsh Championship so yes, all being well, I hope to get down there this year ;)

Return to “Motorsport”