Goodwood 4th August

For any motorsport activities
jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Re: Goodwood 4th August

Postby jeffw » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:00 pm

We eventually had a nice day....Rob was 2nd in class with a 93.x and I ended up with 3rd in class with a 90.31 (just before I was excluded for noise !).

Video to follow.

dopdog
Name: Simon Boulter

Postby dopdog » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:52 pm

Well done guys good result again as always. Sounds like the car ran OK then jeff

RobMsport
Name: Rob Farley

Postby RobMsport » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:32 am

dopdog wrote:Well done guys good result again as always. Sounds like the car ran OK then jeff

Well after being puzzled plus a mite pi -----d off at his time(slower than mine :shock: ) ------- Jeff spoke to some old retired gentleman who said '' seeing as it's slower than before fitting the S Charger and diffuser / flat floor etc etc ---- why don't you remove the rear diffuser :?: ''' ----- '' nah '' says Jeff can't be bothered . HE DID THOUGH then promptly popped in a 90 odd sec's time :P
So development required re - the diffuser :roll:

I was almost believing at 4-oopm that I was going to win the sports libre class because the RX7 600BHP of Andy Embling was a second behind me along with the rest of my class --- a big surprise :) Then he popped in a 93.39 sec's to blow me away from my 93.84 sec's best.
I have several videos but cant put them up here due to my PC ignorance :lol: The TWMC Sprint video of mine was put on youtube by my son. First attempt at a good position on the dash but was very noisy vibration etc . Yesterday it was on the rollbar cross member so hopefully it's better to watch.
If you google Rob Farley TWMC Goodwood 2012 youtube --- you'll find it :oops:

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:25 pm

Due to a brain fade by the operator I have lots of video of queuing but not of the fastest run :( Data logging was work however and car did 0-60 in 3.8secs and top speed of 143MPH....

RobMsport
Name: Rob Farley

Postby RobMsport » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:54 pm

I wonder how Simon and David are getting on at Hethel --- I've never been there , a very long drive for me -- 3 hrs plus I reckon.

dopdog
Name: Simon Boulter

Postby dopdog » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:42 pm

well a good day, just sat in the hotel as over 3 and a half hours drive for me :( . had a good day came 4th in class and was not that happy with my performance but still too fast in too fast out and on the last run I think i was going for the drift medal :lol:.

As Jeff said Duncan showed us how to drive, I did a 85s run and he did a 76s. Must get some ZZRs :lol:? we will see have to fit all the other extras to the car this winter first.

watched the vid Rob and very nice and smooth, no need to ask questions anymore am just going to subscribe to utube.

Chris did very well and won his class and I did see David get a gong as well. Not sure of the timings as was a bit slack this time and did not look at too many others :oops:

as always a great day, nice to meet all again and thankfully the rain held off untill we put the cars on the trailers.

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:34 pm

Well done all :)

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:36 am

This is my first timed run (97.x secs) and I was having to lift off for the noise meters. My fastest run was a 90.31 secs but the video wasn't working :roll:

http://youtu.be/btdsAE_vGYg

David
Name: David Hussey

Postby David » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:51 am

jeffw wrote:just before I was excluded for noise

Was always going to happen. We can take the Striker to neither Goodwood nor Combe :(
Se7en Pervert -- by definition; I don't drive a Caterham

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:53 am

Actually I figured out what was causing it. The rev limit has been reduced to 7100 and I kept hitting the limiter right next to the noise meters, hence the 108dB. When I wasn't hitting the limit I can get under 101dB drive by.

Return to “Motorsport”