Goodwood 4th August

For any motorsport activities
jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Goodwood 4th August

Postby jeffw » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:26 pm

So, for the first time in several months I have the confidence to book an event ! I 'should' have the car back next week after a test session at Llandow on Wednesday.

310BHP check
ZZR A24 compound check
rusty old driver check

Can we take on the might that is Dopdog :D

dopdog
Name: Simon Boulter

Re: Goodwood 4th August

Postby dopdog » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:28 pm

unfortunately will not be at Goodwood on the 4th as am going to Hethel on the 5th :) I can feel the tension rising and await in anticipation the timing results. I know Rob will be there to keep an eye on proceedings :lol:

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:37 am

This is interesting....

"The MSA have changed the Sprint Track Licence at Goodwood so that cars now have to start the sprint from the end of the pit lane. The finish line will still be in the original place so this will have the effect of shortening the course by a few hundred metres.

Their reasoning is, that having four or five cars starting on the main circuit could cause a problem if say the fifth car stalls on the line then it could be hit by the car that went out first as it comes back along the pit straight. Although of course if a car had stalled on the start line (or anywhere else on the track) we would red flag the sprint eliminating the safety risk.

This only applies to Sprints. Races such as those taking place during the Goodwood Revival, where there could be 30 cars lined up on the circuit are exempt from this rule.

This is a reaction by the MSA to a fatal crash that happened a few weeks ago where a lady driver hit the beginning of the pit wall."

RobMsport
Name: Rob Farley

Postby RobMsport » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:30 am

dopdog wrote:unfortunately will not be at Goodwood on the 4th as am going to Hethel on the 5th :) I can feel the tension rising and await in anticipation the timing results. I know Rob will be there to keep an eye on proceedings :lol:

My cheque wont leave my hands till next Monday , so will be a late entry but Len says he wont charge me any excess --- special dispensation for the aged you see :lol:
If you don't ask , you don't get :P

RIGHT then Jeff , you've got the target time , although it was cold and damp for Simon's 91.44sec's run :o

dopdog

Postby dopdog » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:28 am

I would also like to say spent most of the lap on the rev limit so with those long legs you have jeff you should put a quicker time in. )

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:17 am

It will be a 100m shorter as well.

dopdog

Postby dopdog » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:08 am

How many seconds do you think that will make difference? standing start and all.

RobMsport
Name: Rob Farley

Postby RobMsport » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:01 pm

dopdog wrote:How many seconds do you think that will make difference? standing start and all.

Don't forget that leaving the startline at the pitlane end will mean your approach speed into Madgewick is down a touch plus exit speed ----------- all things considered it's probably swings and roundabouts lap time wise :roll:

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:46 pm

dopdog wrote:How many seconds do you think that will make difference? standing start and all.

No idea. Although if I beat your time you can claim this as the reason and if I don't I can ;)

dopdog

Postby dopdog » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:46 pm

Thant's a great answer Jeff made me laugh :lol: :lol: reminds me of the link Matt put up of racing driver excuses!

I just hope you get a full day with your car and all niggles are cured and sorted.

Return to “Motorsport”