Honington -- 13th May

For any motorsport activities
David
Name: David Hussey

Re: Honington -- 13th May

Postby David » Wed May 16, 2012 7:21 pm

Dave Spencer wrote:
David wrote:Several other minor(but event curtailing) woes with many competitors, including a mystery bug with me under braking. Engine and gearbox ECUs simply cut. Turning the master switch off and on reinstated the leccy until the next heavy brake (ideas, Rob?).

In addition. of course, we were all shot-blasted :roll:

Hi David,

I hope this is not going to keep you away from MIRA on the 26th?

Regards,

David.

Dave

I should be there -- cure, or no cure . . . .

bot you and Jim have "retired" to a single-seater it seems -- not like you to be overawed by the competition :o

David
Se7en Pervert -- by definition; I don't drive a Caterham

Dave Spencer
Name: David Spencer

Re: Honington -- 13th May

Postby Dave Spencer » Thu May 17, 2012 12:10 pm

David wrote:
Dave Spencer wrote:
David wrote:Several other minor(but event curtailing) woes with many competitors, including a mystery bug with me under braking. Engine and gearbox ECUs simply cut. Turning the master switch off and on reinstated the leccy until the next heavy brake (ideas, Rob?).

In addition. of course, we were all shot-blasted :roll:

Hi David,

I hope this is not going to keep you away from MIRA on the 26th?

Regards,

David.

Dave

I should be there -- cure, or no cure . . . .

bot you and Jim have "retired" to a single-seater it seems -- not like you to be overawed by the competition :o

David

David,

It's a steep learning curve with the Reynard, especially when it's wet! We have had a couple of good outings at Loton (both in the 51's) and an eventful weekend at Anglesey. On the Saturday at Anglesey (National Circuit) we had six attempts at a run and had six different problems! Accusump, Overheating issue, Front wing collapsed, Gear linkage broke, CV joint disintergrated and a minor problem that escapes me for the moment.

The Sunday was better with just an overheating issue. This meant that we had to take alternate runs instead of 'sharing' the car as normal. We were on the International circuit on Sunday and I must admit it was brilliant in the Reynard (on the rev limit in sixth gear on the coastal straight). We had two practice and six timed runs, so four each for Jim and I, as I did practice one and timed runs 1,3 & 5, while Jim did practice 2 and timed runs 2,4 & 6. Paul Masters took the class win with his final run of the day an 84.31, I was second with an 84.44 and Jim was third with an 84.96.

Don't worry though the Striker is in the garage, ready to go at a moments notice! :D

Regards,

David.

Return to “Motorsport”