Debden 6th May 2012

For any motorsport activities
jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Debden 6th May 2012

Postby jeffw » Sun May 06, 2012 9:22 pm

A good day today at Debden although with mixed weather.

We had a Sylva Leader (Ian Hewitt), Sylva Striker Clubmans (Nigel Fleming), Simon in his Supercharged Raw Striker and myself. I ended up 2nd in class with a 67.x sec run, 7th overall and was beaten by Paul Bowden (by 1 sec) and some single seaters. First real competitive run for the Supercharged Phoenix, 2nd run I was running out of fuel on the last few corners and the third run I outbraked myself into the roundabout (allways a sign you haven't done your best time when you have to select reverse during a run !). Simon was pretty close at about 1 sec behind me.

http://youtu.be/QiwYVg4m7uA

dopdog
Name: Simon Boulter

Re: Debden 6th May 2012

Postby dopdog » Mon May 07, 2012 7:55 am

WOW Jeff :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Just watched the video and am shocked at the amount of grip those tyres have given you. I think this is the first time I can compare our laps and as you said would like to see my video. unfortunately no video but I can see where people say they give 3 seconds a lap. I am completely on the edge all the way round the track.

This is the difference I see. Off the line the launch is great and power straight down (Nigel was telling me how much difference they made) when you get to the very first left kink again full grip, I was spinning and drifting sideways. Coming into the roundabout so much grip. But the biggest thing and I think maybe 1-2 seconds is your turn in grip on the roundabout IMMENSE, I had no turn in and drifted out then on the return off the roundabout was still spinning as I came right and down to the left turn. the rest of the lap is the same all over the place

The braking, power down and turn in speed has really shocked me as the shear mechanical grip compared to my lap is leagues apart. I can see 2-3 seconds a lap from these and has just pushed me that bit to 13s.

Will have to wait though as money needs to be spent on exhaust and other secret things first, but it will be coming ;) bring on the next generation car (F1 talk) :lol:

In saying this I am so pleased with my time compared to the above I am treating myself to a nice cup of tea :D have a good day all.

jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Re: Debden 6th May 2012

Postby jeffw » Mon May 07, 2012 9:56 am

It is interesting...my last run was 2 secs faster into the bend before the roundabout as I was using all the revs and was flat through the first part...almost 1 sec faster the 60 as well. Shame I missed the braking point by 1m and had to reverse to get round the roundabout. Certainly a perfect run in my Phoenix would have been on Paul's practise pace of 64 secs.

What is interesting is that I am 10mph faster peak on that run than I was last year with 210BHP NA.

Return to “Motorsport”