Goodwood - 28th April

For any motorsport activities
David
Name: David Hussey

Re: Goodwood - 28th April

Postby David » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:50 pm

Ghastly day -- from almost every aspect. Best possible wishes to Sandra. :( :o :(
Se7en Pervert -- by definition; I don't drive a Caterham

RobMsport
Name: Rob Farley

Postby RobMsport » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:01 pm

Well , I left at 4-00pm so not sure how David got on :?: The rest of '' us '' didn't do very well . Jeff and Simon both got ticked off for db's , static and around track sensors so that ended their day . The track was wet and standing water at one point , around 6 cars going off with varying degrees of damage through the day. I was having trouble trying to creep around the paddock in 1st gear without juddering very badly , however careful I was with clutch and rev's :roll: This had started at Testing and again at Gurston last week --- but I put it down to me being ' rusty ' (read bloody old fart :lol: ) Once out on track and going through Fordwater there were noises of metal clanking in bucket sounds :o then at No-name I couldn't get it out of 5th , finally almost coming to a halt around St Mary's , got it out then rammed it into 3rd with a crunch and limped back to the paddock. So an engine out job to investigate :?:
A Caterham exiting the Chicane lost control and back ended into the end of the pitlane wall , it's lady driver was being attended to for best part of an hour before being airlifted to hospital . Having left Goodwood about 4-00pm , I didn't see if any competition was continued after that , so just hope she's a lot better than the situation appeared.

So it's in the shed am I ---------- :oops:
Last edited by RobMsport on Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Postby jeffw » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:10 pm

RobMsport wrote:A Caterham exiting the Chicane lost control and back ended into the end of the pitlane wall , it's lady driver was being attended to for best part of an hour before being airlifted to hospital . Having left Goodwood about 4-00pm , I didn't see if any competition was continued after that , so just hope she's a lot better than the situation appeared.

No, that is terrible. Must have happened after I left.

David
Name: David Hussey

Postby David » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:16 pm

Meeting was finally abandoned after the big accident to the Caterham. That meant that neither I, nor any of the Westies, got a timed run at all. In truth, we didn't miss it as the enthusiasm had truly drained away. Bad day all round.
Se7en Pervert -- by definition; I don't drive a Caterham

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:29 pm

Terrible news David.

dopdog
Name: Simon Boulter

Postby dopdog » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:31 pm

Yes very bad day, our troubles are of no significance compared to the lady in the Caterham, lets hope she is OK.

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:52 am

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:28 am

Lifted from WSCC....very sad day

"I am very saddened to have to tell Competitors and Members that unfortunately the lady driver of the Caterham died yesterday from her injuries.

I am sure you will join with me in offering our deepest sympathy and condolences to her family and friends.

The accident will now be formally investigated and I would ask members not to comment further on it as speculation is not helpful in these circumstances. I am sure we will find out the results of the investigation in time."

RobMsport
Name: Rob Farley

Postby RobMsport » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:46 pm

jeffw wrote:Lifted from WSCC....very sad day

"I am very saddened to have to tell Competitors and Members that unfortunately the lady driver of the Caterham died yesterday from her injuries.

I am sure you will join with me in offering our deepest sympathy and condolences to her family and friends.

The accident will now be formally investigated and I would ask members not to comment further on it as speculation is not helpful in these circumstances. I am sure we will find out the results of the investigation in time."

Yes , I had heard but made aware it was still not public knowledge at this time .

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:52 pm

I presume that as it was posted on WSCC by a Mod then it was now common knowledge.

Return to “Motorsport”