LOT Stowe track day

For any motorsport activities
dopdog
Name: Simon Boulter

LOT Stowe track day

Postby dopdog » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:24 pm

just got back in from the above and had my first shakedown of my new car. all i can say is wow new geometry set-up, corner weight and all settings done. the car drives fantastic :D . :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: but wait for it, just had my gearbox rebuilt at Tran X at a very high cost and guess what!!! it jumps out of 4th gear :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: i am so pxxxxd off you cannot believe. this means i have to strip the car again right at the start of the season when i though all was sorted.

do you think i will be able to get any compensation out of them for the time and costs involved with removing and refitting my gearbox?

jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Re: LOT Stowe track day

Postby jeffw » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:30 pm

nope....

David
Name: David Hussey

Postby David » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:04 pm

I have to admit that (after similar experience) I always get my TranX gearboxes rebuilt at SP.
Se7en Pervert -- by definition; I don't drive a Caterham

dopdog

Postby dopdog » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:23 pm

thanks for the info David will see how i get on with them this time????

jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Postby jeffw » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:35 am

Are you sure that this is not being caused by the gearlever hitting something (under braking or acceleration) which is causing it to knock out of gear. I had something similar which was caused by the gear lever hitting the aperture in the tunnel under braking. Adjusted the gearlever position and all was well.

dopdog

Postby dopdog » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:06 pm

i did have a look at this but it is all the same as it was last year? too late now, car all stripped down will be lifting the engine and box out this week ready to take the box back to them on Saturday morning.

Fizzer

Postby Fizzer » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:53 pm

gutted...
Keep us posted on your trackday trips Si, I'm looking for someone to go with and I'll my kit car mates here are waiting for 'nice weather' (wimps)
Live Axle Fisher Fury: 2lt Blacktop Zetec, Newman cams, Tiger shallow sump, lightened flywheel, grumbly webers, willwood calipers + disk kit.

Return to “Motorsport”