Goodwood Sprint 6th August

For any motorsport activities
jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Goodwood Sprint 6th August

Postby jeffw » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:13 pm

Had a really good day today. Won my class with a 94.94sec run which is 2 secs faster than last time I went to Goodwood in July. Rain just about held off all day.

Video is here for those who are interested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TPtvlI08WM

Caught up with Nick (VX220 Turbo Fury) and Rob Farley (Stylus).

RobMsport
Name: Rob Farley

Re: Goodwood Sprint 6th August

Postby RobMsport » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:18 am

Well done Jeff , a great lap time that beat mine by 1.1sec's . I got toppled from my 3yr unbeaten pedestal at Goodwood at 96.04sec's which got me 2nd in class behind an RX7 6lt Chevy doing just over 91sec's . There were 3 of V8 RX7's but I beat the other 2 , one by 0.08sec . Also managed to pip the GT40 at his 97.5sec's . The guy who I feared on paper was Hugh Maund in his TR7 V8 340bhp on slicks , coilovers all round and rose jointed etc . Very successful racing history plus hillclimbs but there was something not quite right with the rear end when he turned in and took a ' set ' with thepower down --- it clonked and moved about eratically apparently --- sounded a bit scary to me but he refused my offer to get it up in the air over lunch to take a look. A really nice guy but at least nothing broke off on his final lap . You can only offer aye !
No time sheets issued so results on the website at some point. Nice to meet your son Jeff !!! Maybe he'll get the bug after watching dad yesterday?

dopdog
Name: Simon Boulter

Postby dopdog » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:36 pm

Great result Jeff gland i will not be in your class :D and great vid as always
next time for you then Rob, went to le mans last weekend and killed the gearbox in my new car :x took it out today and found most of the bulk rings in the bottom :cry: dropped it off at Tran-x but does not look i will be ready for Odiham either. I will just have to keep watching Jeffs videos to keep me motivated for next season.

RobMsport

Postby RobMsport » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:57 am

They will refund less a small fee for admin ' Simon or you could still enter one of the other ACSMC sprints running up to October ? Get in touch with Dave Whyman from your Odiham entry .

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:07 am

There is Debden & Lydden in October as well. You are more than welcome to come to Odiham and ask questions/chat/help out etc etc.

dopdog
Name: Simon Boulter

Postby dopdog » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:42 pm

From looking at other posts will i be aloud to attend the sprint? I know rob asked but did you get any reply?

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:15 pm

If you wanted to come along to Odiham I'm sure there wouldn't be an issue. Normally there is extra passes available for support vehicles.

RobMsport

Postby RobMsport » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:51 am

You could contact FDMC via the forum now you're a member , I'm sure they'd love more marshals or arrive with me as support but you must have photo ID as it's a live RAF base . You won't get away with it in a seperate vehicle I don't think . So it's passport or licence Simon . Good to have a gander at it because it'll be in championships next year for sure .
The layout includes long straights ----- h'mmm :P

Return to “Motorsport”