Goodwood Sprint 25th June

For any motorsport activities
RobMsport
Name: Rob Farley

Re: Goodwood Sprint 25th June

Postby RobMsport » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:01 pm

David wrote:
jeffw wrote:And a 5lt GT40 :) Good luck with that one !

We've had a couple of these out at B19 events -- beautiful but seriously slow. Hope yours is better ;)

This is an old post David but looking back at our results that day , he was clocking 97.5secs best so 1.5secs behind me :)
While I'm reminiscing ---- my old adversary , Andy Silman/SILTECH RACING was doing 92.9secs standing start laps and 87.9secs flying laps in 2006 when double lap sprints were held , in his 258bhp Westy plus he weighed around 17stone :shock:
He's been out of competition since his young family arrived and moving to Norfolk but intends getting back in again soon :roll:
He normally enters road going kits so that will stir things up some :!:

dopdog
Name: Simon Boulter

Postby dopdog » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:54 pm

Why did they stop the double lap sprints? sounds like a good idea.

David
Name: David Hussey

Postby David » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:09 pm

RobMsport wrote:Andy Silman was doing 92.9secs standing start laps and 87.9secs flying laps in 2006 when double lap sprints were held , in his 258bhp Westy plus he weighed around 17stone :shock:
He's been out of competition since his young family arrived and moving to Norfolk but intends getting back in again soon :roll:

Rob

Last time I saw Andy, he was doing a reasonable impression of a brand new father (quite incongruous really) -- it'll be great to have him back :)
Se7en Pervert -- by definition; I don't drive a Caterham

RobMsport

Postby RobMsport » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:33 pm

dopdog wrote:Why did they stop the double lap sprints? sounds like a good idea.

Sound db's are extremely strict at Goodwood due to the automated reporting system --- ''direct to county offices when the around track sensors kick off '' If that happens , Lord March would lose his licence to run races at Goodwood circuit and that would lose him a fortune '' REVIVAL'' :?:
They have found the 2 laps just set the sensors off so you only get 2 for practice now --- one for timed runs :cry:

RobMsport

Postby RobMsport » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:35 pm

David wrote:
RobMsport wrote:Andy Silman was doing 92.9secs standing start laps and 87.9secs flying laps in 2006 when double lap sprints were held , in his 258bhp Westy plus he weighed around 17stone :shock:

Rob

Last time I saw Andy, he was doing a reasonable impression of a brand new father (quite incongruous really) -- it'll be great to have him back :)

H'mmm , was that when he was shouting at '' little Jack '' to stop whining or we going home :lol: He's ' way ' better in the driving seat than cot minding ;)

Return to “Motorsport”