Goodwood Sprint 25th June

For any motorsport activities
jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Goodwood Sprint 25th June

Postby jeffw » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:32 pm

TWMC Goodwood Sprint today, this is my fastest lap (96.15secs) and was good enough to be first in class & 9th overall. This is my 5th lap ever of the Goodwood circuit. I was 1.7 secs in front of the 2nd in class. Mr Farley has proved his set-up works on my car ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJsEPEAcaVs

RobMsport
Name: Rob Farley

Re: Goodwood Sprint 25th June

Postby RobMsport » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:16 pm

jeffw wrote:TWMC Goodwood Sprint today, this is my fastest lap (96.15secs) and was good enough to be first in class & 9th overall. This is my 5th lap ever of the Goodwood circuit. I was 1.7 secs in front of the 2nd in class. Mr Farley has proved his set-up works on my car ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJsEPEAcaVs

Well done Jeff and what a day first thing in the very slippy conditions plus you beat my lap time by 0.11 sec's :o Not in my class so no threat to my 1st in class at 96.26 sec's --- my nearest opposition being 3 sec's behind . I had to feel a little sorry for Nigel though having matched my wet time ---- it dried up so on went his slicks/ 10 inch but it wasn't his day , lucky for me . One iny class didn't arrive , a TR6 V8 then the RX7 5.7lt overheated and packed up --- he failed the sound test so cut slits into his tailpipe then hammered them 90 degrees back into the pipe -- passed sound --- promptly blew the beast up !
An excellent result on your first look at Goodwood Jeff :P

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:46 am

Well done Rob. I was surprised to beat Mark by 1.7 secs and the expensive Caterham by 6.5secs. Certainly looking at the video (I wish I had remembered the data card for the logger) I could carry a fair bit more speed through St Mary's but your PB of 91secs looks a long way away.

David
Name: David Hussey

Postby David » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:21 am

Well done to both -- faster than I've ever been. I've avoided Goodwood over the last couple of years because the Striker is rather (now, with Busa, hugely) noisy due to the daft requirement for a cat. I'll obviously have to dust down the Westie for next season and see if I can compete with you ;)
Se7en Pervert -- by definition; I don't drive a Caterham

RobMsport

Postby RobMsport » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:28 am

jeffw wrote:Well done Rob. I was surprised to beat Mark by 1.7 secs and the expensive Caterham by 6.5secs. Certainly looking at the video (I wish I had remembered the data card for the logger) I could carry a fair bit more speed through St Mary's but your PB of 91secs looks a long way away.

The time will come on it's own as you return to the circuit regularly Jeff , further more my long time PB of 91.8 sec's seems a very long way away to me too :roll: just can't remember how I did it :lol: Mark's never run with my ARB till yesterday and he hasn't set ' all ' the adjustments to the spec ' I gave him . I think from what he said that he was surprised at what speed could be carried through corners with the ARB fitted and will push harder with more confidence next time.
It's always nice to beat expensive Caterhams though aye :P also 9th and 10th overall for us is a great result :D

So next time we meet Jeff will be Brighton and Hove Goodwood Sprint on the 6th August :P

RobMsport

Postby RobMsport » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:33 am

David wrote:Well done to both -- faster than I've ever been. I've avoided Goodwood over the last couple of years because the Striker is rather (now, with Busa, hugely) noisy due to the daft requirement for a cat. I'll obviously have to dust down the Westie for next season and see if I can compete with you ;)

Whoo Hoo :P we've got your dander up now , that'll be great David but I'll have to drink more RED BULL before you arrive at Goodwood looking at your last year's Brands result :o and mine :oops:

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:59 am

Brands...ummm, my favourite. It will nice to go to a track I know well for a Sprint.

David

Postby David » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:04 pm

RobMsport wrote:
David wrote:Well done to both -- faster than I've ever been. I've avoided Goodwood over the last couple of years because the Striker is rather (now, with Busa, hugely) noisy due to the daft requirement for a cat. I'll obviously have to dust down the Westie for next season and see if I can compete with you ;)

Whoo Hoo :P we've got your dander up now , that'll be great David but I'll have to drink more RED BULL before you arrive at Goodwood looking at your last year's Brands result :o and mine :oops:

Rob (and Jeff) -- if ever there was a circuit where the aerodynamic advantages of a full body outweigh the weight penalty, Goodwood must be it. But I'd gladly give it another go ;)

RobMsport

Postby RobMsport » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:14 pm

A good few years ago there was a guy with his son driving a pinto striker (Tony and Matt Bent from Brighton) --- the dad I could always beat but his son did a double lap/4.8miles of 184 sec's from memory , obviously one flying lap and the standing start lap 8-) No flat floor , no wings , a roadgoing car but sadly he married and money stopped his fun and I've not seen father nor son since 2004 :(

David

Postby David » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:17 pm

Talk to me not about sons, Rob. As I've said, watching Guy do a 91s lap from a standing start shortly after I had been pleased with a 97s run (again, only standard Striker bodywork) is more than a little humbling :oops:

Return to “Motorsport”