J15 on track

For any motorsport activities
timhoverd
Name: Tim Hoverd

J15 on track

Postby timhoverd » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:57 pm

I thought some people here might be interested in the final track debut of my J15 which you can read about here. Many thanks to everyone from here who's contacted me during the protracted build process!

Tim
Il semble que la perfection soit atteinte non quand il n'y a plus rien à ajouter, mais quand il n'y a plus rien à retrancher.

jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Re: J15 on track

Postby jeffw » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:51 pm

Brillant Tim, well done.

petercoll
Name: Peter Collingridge

Postby petercoll » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:29 pm

Very smooth driving.

Pete

adithorp
Name: adrian thorp

Postby adithorp » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:07 pm

Nice one Tim
Must be daunting getting in a new car and going racing, especially when you're the first to try the design... and then the first race is wet. Did you wonder if you'd made a big mistake when it spun in testing and then felt bad in quali' ?

timhoverd

Postby timhoverd » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:09 am

adithorp wrote:Nice one Tim
Must be daunting getting in a new car and going racing, especially when you're the first to try the design... and then the first race is wet. Did you wonder if you'd made a big mistake when it spun in testing and then felt bad in quali' ?

Not really. My problem, to be honest, is that I've always got too many ideas of what I want to do to improve the car so I'm never standing still. At the end of the day it's just a collection of bits of steel, aluminium and GRP all of which can be modified. :)

T
Il semble que la perfection soit atteinte non quand il n'y a plus rien à ajouter, mais quand il n'y a plus rien à retrancher.

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:30 am

I thought it funny that you had the tyre pressure issue. On my first practise run on Saturday I span in the high speed corner. When I check the tyre pressures they where 30 on all tyres....I never checked once I got them fitted lol.

timhoverd

Postby timhoverd » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:38 pm

jeffw wrote:I thought it funny that you had the tyre pressure issue. On my first practise run on Saturday I span in the high speed corner. When I check the tyre pressures they where 30 on all tyres....I never checked once I got them fitted lol.

At least it's not just me then!

T

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:15 pm

Nope, I'm a numptie as well lol.

Looks like you where in 8th place in the race and you are name checked in Autosport today (with a nice picture as well :))

Return to “Motorsport”