Right, who is doing what this year

For any motorsport activities
dopdog
Name: Simon Boulter

Re: Right, who is doing what this year

Postby dopdog » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:50 pm

David wrote:Might also give a couple of rounds of this a go -- used up the ZZRs

http://www.javelinsprintdays.co.uk/JTSS/

That looks very interesting David. Looks like a lot of seat time as well, would be great to get a feel for the car.

ozePhoenix
Name: Ian Dawson

Postby ozePhoenix » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:57 am

Thought I would have another go at this:
http://mcmotorsport.com.au/statesprints
Our classes are relatively simple....all have to be road-registered with road-legal tyres. I'm in AO which is 0-2000 atmo/open/2WD

Still having electrical problems with the 'busa so only did 2 rounds....new alternator on order, so no excuses this year!
If there was a 'school-report' from last year's effort, it would probably read: 3/10...needs to try harder :(
Just bought a Gopro, so hopefully some moving pictures this year.

Ian

jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Postby jeffw » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:12 am

It will be good to see some video of the car Ian....love the term 'Atmo', just so Aussie.

LeonF
Name: Leon Franks

Postby LeonF » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:59 pm

Hi Jeff, I will be doing the Longtons and Harewood championships this year in 2A roadgoing, Still not sure on tyres as the MSA have now decided we can all use OE 13" ZZR's albeit in the roadgoing compound so not sure how they will fare against R888's. Probably won't be bothering with Service Hydraulics this year as they allow bike engined cars into 2A and Simon Radnor has made a few mods I hear so will take some catching in the old x-flow. I have modded ROPS to my interpretation so we'll see at first event this year how that goes. Looks like a climbing frame on back of car then I am 6'4"!!
JPSC2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:20 pm

Hi Leon

Be careful with the Avon ZZR ruling, they are allowing the specific OEM coded ZZRs to be used on any car. This isn't every ZZR version but only those specific OEM numbered ones.

LeonF

Postby LeonF » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:00 pm

Yes I spotted that Jeff and as it happens the Caterham OEM sizes are what I would normally run but was wondering whether the compound would be any better than something like the soft R888. Going to have to make a decision soon.... ;)

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:10 pm

It isn't the OEM sizes, it it the OEM numbers on the tyres.

ZZR (OE Fitments
marked 15156 &
15157 only)

So, regardless of the size they must say 15156 or 15157 on them. My 13" ZZRs in medium so not say this (nor do my A24 compound ones).

If you are buying new you are as well to get Avon ZZS as they are in List 1B.

LeonF

Postby LeonF » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:30 pm

Thanks Jeff,

The ZZS is still an unknown quantity so edging my bets a bit. I have actually been running GG R888'S for the last couple of seasons anyway so may well carry on with those or go onto the SG's. Don't know anyone thats done some back to back testing with the ZZS against ZZR or Toyos yet. Might just buy one R888 to replace the one I trashed in an off at Harewood and see how things pan out in the first couple of rounds before committing.

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:26 pm

I'd play safe with R888 for the first half of the season to see where it ends up.

David
Name: David Hussey

Postby David » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:54 pm

I've got ZZSs coming this week, and first event (Debden) on May 8th -- so I'll let you know what I think.
Se7en Pervert -- by definition; I don't drive a Caterham

Return to “Motorsport”