Snetterton 17/18 May

For any motorsport activities
David
Name: David Hussey

Snetterton 17/18 May

Postby David » Sun May 18, 2014 8:51 pm

In the absence of Jeff -- I'll report.

Two days of sprinting in immaculate weather on the Snetterton 100 circuit, organized (well, as ever) by Borough 19 MC.

Three JPSCs entered:
Nigel Fleming in the Striker Clubman 2000
Graham Mintram in his Phoenix (Blade?) 900
Chris (Sunday only) and I in our Striker VX 1600.

Graham, unfortunately, hit some tyres on the inside of Hamilton bend on his first run today -- spreading his coolant over the entire width of the track, and having to retire (mercifully unhurt).

Results for today at: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/ ... 8f1e60.jpg
Se7en Pervert -- by definition; I don't drive a Caterham

dopdog
Name: Simon Boulter

Re: Snetterton 17/18 May

Postby dopdog » Sun May 18, 2014 9:32 pm

Wow David is that a joint first place Chris?

jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Postby jeffw » Sun May 18, 2014 9:34 pm

Paul did well at 94 secs.....can't believe those Westfields at 91 sec. Was Pete Goulding not out?

David

Postby David » Mon May 19, 2014 6:34 am

Pete was out, but had a drive shaft failure on Jack's second practice run on Saturday. He stripped the car at the circuit, put in his spare diff (there was a bit of mangled drive shaft stuck in the original) and waited all day whilst Mrs G located and delivered his spare shaft. He got it together for the last timed run, but it wouldn't start. Frustrated, he decided to go home. Turns out that the rear wheel sensor wiring for the DTA had been damaged, so all will be well for next weekend.

Unfortunately, Brian Winstone hit the Armco hard in his beautiful Porsche. He may have cracked his wrist, but is otherwise OK. Car isn't.

Stephen Laing was out (ruefully) in his Exige, despite electronics issues during Sunday. He's fine.

Rather than give out two first place trophies, B19 awarded class A7 to Chris on Sunday on the basis of his better second best time. Just a tad mean, I thought.

jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Postby jeffw » Mon May 19, 2014 7:34 am

David wrote:Pete was out, but had a drive shaft failure on Jack's second practice run on Saturday. He stripped the car at the circuit, put in his spare diff (there was a bit of mangled drive shaft stuck in the original) and waited all day whilst Mrs G located and delivered his spare shaft. He got it together for the last timed run, but it wouldn't start. Frustrated, he decided to go home. Turns out that the rear wheel sensor wiring for the DTA had been damaged, so all will be well for next weekend.

Unfortunately, Brian Winstone hit the Armco hard in his beautiful Porsche. He may have cracked his wrist, but is otherwise OK. Car isn't.

Stephen Laing was out (ruefully) in his Exige, despite electronics issues during Sunday. He's fine.

Rather than give out two first place trophies, B19 awarded class A7 to Chris on Sunday on the basis of his better second best time. Just a tad mean, I thought.

Sad news on Brian....that is going to be expensive. I bet Stephen took it easy.

dopdog
Name: Simon Boulter

Postby dopdog » Mon May 19, 2014 7:41 am

Sounds like all round its been a bit of a bad start to the year for car damage :cry:

David

Postby David » Tue May 20, 2014 6:58 am

By kind permission of MSV -- Chris at Snetterton

http://youtu.be/3LCpQZfMFP0

Return to “Motorsport”