Press release from SEMSEC - No Calendar in 2014

For any motorsport activities
jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Press release from SEMSEC - No Calendar in 2014

Postby jeffw » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:21 pm

Tunbridge Wells Motor Club All Circuit Sprint Championship

With regret SEMSEC have released the following Press Release regarding the running of events next year. This will have an inevitable impact on next year’s TWMC All Circuit Sprint Championship. We will still try and provide an interesting and varied calendar for next year, including new venues. But with the loss of Lydden and Brands Hatch we will be short of events in the south east. We are exploring the possibility of running a sprint at Lydden and will make an announcement in due course.

If you know of any events which you would like to see in the calendar next year please contact me at gj.goodwin@virgin.net
PRESS RELEASE from SEMSEC

Following a serious decline in race entries over the last few seasons, it is with much regret that the SEMSEC Board and Sporting Committee have concluded that we do not have the financial resources to enter into a 2014 Race Programme.

The decision has therefore been taken and SEMSEC has suspended its programme of race meetings planned for 2014.

This decision has not been taken lightly as 2014 would have been the 21st season of SEMSEC racing, with the Club ethos to provide four wheel Car Racing at Lydden Hill and latterly our annual meeting at Brands Hatch. However, the Board recognises that without sufficient reserves to support another season of losses, it is not possible to offer a realistic programme of race events in 2014.

We are very proud of our history as a Motor Racing Club and of the racing we have offered over the years and would like to thank, most sincerely; all those who have been involved in helping us provide grass roots Motor Sport, particularly the Drivers and Marshals who have supported the Club’s events.

This, unfortunately, will impact on both Tunbridge Wells and Rochester Motor Clubs as their Sprints have traditionally preceded the afternoon races at both Lydden Hill and Brands Hatch. However we are in discussions with various parties to try to find a way forward.

SEMSEC will continue as a motor club for the foreseeable future and will consider any new opportunities that present themselves.

Norman Redhead
Chairman, for and on behalf of SEMSEC

dopdog
Name: Simon Boulter

Re: Press release from SEMSEC - No Calendar in 2014

Postby dopdog » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:01 pm

Thats not good news then :(

deecee
Name: David Cockburn

Postby deecee » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:14 am

Still looks as though TWMC will run the All Circuit Sprint Championship in 2014 but at different venues. Keeping my fingers crossed as I particularly enjoyed the circuits.
Treachery and old age will always triumph over youthful enthusiasm.

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:38 am

Lydden was one that I least looked forward to, hence why I didn't bother in 2013. Brands is way expensive for 1/2 day as well. So Snetterton, Goodwood & Castle Coombe next year. as well as Hethel (my new fav track). NW & Debden. I'm also going to do some of these French Hillclimbs I think.

David
Name: David Hussey

Postby David » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:16 pm

:o :( -- where's the "drat" emoticon?
Se7en Pervert -- by definition; I don't drive a Caterham

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:54 pm

Well if we can turn it into one event at Lydden with multi-lap runs over a full day then it would be fine

dopdog

Postby dopdog » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:00 pm

jeffw wrote:Lydden was one that I least looked forward to, hence why I didn't bother in 2013. Brands is way expensive for 1/2 day as well. So Snetterton, Goodwood & Castle Coombe next year. as well as Hethel (my new fav track). NW & Debden. I'm also going to do some of these French Hillclimbs I think.

I like the idea of most of the tracks apart from that old army assault course called north weald :lol: alright for you tractor drivers but way too bouncy for us low slung stealth machines :roll:

We will have to wait and see, but looks like some more travelling for me :(

dopdog

Postby dopdog » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:01 pm

jeffw wrote:Well if we can turn it into one event at Lydden with multi-lap runs over a full day then it would be fine

That would be nice :) :) :) :) :)

deecee
Name: David Cockburn

Postby deecee » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:32 pm

The latest from TWMC is that the ACSC will run in 2014 with a couple of provisional dates so far of Lydden (despite no SEMSEC) on Sat 10th May and Goodwood on Sat 31st May. Lets keep our fingers crossed for plenty more to come.
Treachery and old age will always triumph over youthful enthusiasm.

Return to “Motorsport”