Llandow 18th May - Trackday

For any motorsport activities
jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Llandow 18th May - Trackday

Postby jeffw » Tue May 21, 2013 6:12 am

Had some serious fun over the weekend at a very sunny Llandow. Car was running great and I got down to a 44 sec lap which isn't too shabby. Video packed up however so we just have a few photos instead

Some nice pictures from http://www.sbkmotorsport.com (paid for)

Not sure what Adam was upto in the background lol

More pictures, this time from Paul Reeves. "Young" David T in the passenger seat.

Paul Reeves asked for the datalog from the car as he uses the Race Technology kit as well. Turns out I was 24mph faster down the straight than his MEV !

We also had a large showing from Raw with another (4AGE based) supercharged Phoenix, Supercharged Striker and several BECs. Sadly Jeremy's mad Busa Striker was overheating and looks like it had done its head gasket. We also had two stoppages, one Blade BEC put a rod through the casing and then set fire to the oil closely followed by a Busa Westfield which left a smoke screen down the back straight and then stopped.

I gave a number of people passenger laps and they all came in with 'saucer' eyes so all good fun.

David
Name: David Hussey

Re: Llandow 18th May - Trackday

Postby David » Tue May 21, 2013 6:14 pm

jeffw wrote:
Sadly Jeremy's mad Busa Striker was overheating and looks like it had done its head gasket. We also had two stoppages, one Blade BEC put a rod through the casing and then set fire to the oil closely followed by a Busa Westfield which left a smoke screen down the back straight and then stopped.

Oh dear -- looks as though BEC JPSCs are doomed. We had a problem at Snetterton on Sunday. Copper brake pipe failed (Master Bates, he say BEC have more vibration than CEC -- should use flexible pipes) on the Striker. Luckily, Chris braked going into Hamilton ( :? ) and found the floor. Would have been much more of a trouser issue had he waited for Oggies!
Se7en Pervert -- by definition; I don't drive a Caterham

Return to “Motorsport”