Llandow 12May

For any motorsport activities
Taff Striker
Name: Richard Jones

Llandow 12May

Postby Taff Striker » Mon May 13, 2013 8:41 pm

Cant believe it's been 3 and a half years of rebuild but the first competitive outing has been completed :D
Booked the week off some 2 months ago with the intention of having a mornings testing session at Llandow then on to Track Developments for a final geo /corner weight check over. That went out the window as I was still running in the new motor on Wednesday :roll: And to cap it all the local rolling road decided to play up so had to run on a conservative map for the weekend

Anyhow on the day the first run the track was very wet and I had no real set up shock's wise or on the brake bias front . Needless to say this, along with 4 year old Yoko A032's, led to some very "exciting" moments under braking and horrific understeer :lol: A time of 103.5

Second run and the strong wind (which blew all day) was beginning to dry out the track. I put a few clicks on the shocks and a couple of turns on the bias and seemed to be going better until a very last minute braking effort saw a big spin going into the "bus stop". Fail :oops:

First of the afternoon timed runs and a few more clicks on the shocks and a bone dry circuit saw a time of 92.93. Got back to the pits to see smoke coming from under the bonnet. Turned out that the breather pipe from the rocker cover had come off and sprayed oil all over the engine bay :roll: Problem easily solved.

Decided caution was the better option for the final run and recorded a 94.46 but the previous time was enough for a class win :D .

As I said I had fully intended a mornings testing but circumstances didn't allow for it but I can really see the benefit of non-competitive track time now - there is no substitute for time in the car with so much to learn. 2 days at Pembrey next so should be a good opportunity to improve the set up again.

Fair showing of Sylva's there:

Ian Parr was 12 o/A and first in class 2F with an 80.36

Martin Watts in 3d with a time of 99.31

Also a Fury out with Julian and Nick Rainbow taking first and second in 3D with a best of 89.43

Rich ;)

Return to “Motorsport”