Goodwood 27th

For any motorsport activities
jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Re: Goodwood 27th

Postby jeffw » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:27 pm

Good stuff. Looks like you might be in for another class win on Saturday as well.

dopdog
Name: Simon Boulter

Postby dopdog » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:57 pm

It does look like it but will wait and see how the weather and the day unfolds. I am interested to see what the big boys do regarding times? Also I see you have a csr in your group. looking forward to it and should be a good day :D

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:51 pm

Anything 7ish shouldn't be much of an issue (or hasn't in the past) without big HP. Has the sound of famous last words lol....

The big single seaters will be down to 82-83 sec from a standing start.

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:34 pm

Not my finest day sprinting. Having had noise issues on the practice run (and catching the Elise in front just after the start of the 2nd lap) we eventually proceeded to first timed runs. After a long wait in the pit lane I was allowed to get on with it and after a monster moment on the 2nd lap through Fordwater I returned to the pits to find that I was 1st in class with a 168sec run and (at the time) 3rd overall....game on I thought. But shortly afterwards I was excluded for noise and my times were removed from the results.

I accept that the noise meters were tripped and I was to be sent home but I've never had my times excluded before. Mark Cheervers in his Busa engined Fury was also excluded as was a number of other people.

I then got home to find the data logger hadn't logged anything and the mic on the DVR wasn't plugged in correctly....so no fancy videos either.

It does raise an interesting point about competing at Goodwood and if I will enter a Goodwood sprint again.

Silent movie here

http://youtu.be/bLTWwRhLn7w

dopdog

Postby dopdog » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:42 pm

a couple of moments there Jeff ;) I ended up having a good day and each run saw me 3 seconds faster and ended up with a 159.77 and forth overall. Well pleased and just starting to get a bit more feel for the car.
Darn noise meters are a real issue and even I failed the first test!!!

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:01 pm

I would have expected to get down to low 160s with a few more runs...Well done though.

dopdog

Postby dopdog » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:02 pm

forgot to say I also took a video of my run but like you Jeff it suffered technical issues eg I managed to capturn myself turning it on and off after my run in the pits :lol: :lol:

RobMsport
Name: Rob Farley

Postby RobMsport » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:28 pm

Well done all --- David , Jeff and Simon . The J15 went well without issues but Jeff is obviously pretty miffed losing his one good run time :(
Simon , you did bloody well , only second time in a single seater in your life and what a result :o Stephen Laing hadn't been there for 8 years so didn't really fly but nice to see him at Goodwood again :)

David
Name: David Hussey

Postby David » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:26 pm

Well done, Simon -- and commiserations to Jeff.

Last year I even got a warning for being marginal on drive-by in the 1600VX Westy -- and that was in a soaking wet practice session. Am relatively sure I would have been excluded after first timed run (but, of course, we never got one). I couldn't get the Striker-Busa through the gate :(
Se7en Pervert -- by definition; I don't drive a Caterham

deecee
Name: David Cockburn

Postby deecee » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:04 pm

Thanks Rob and particularly well done Simon. Commiserations to those with noise issues but a further thought. It aint gonna get easier chaps so why not invest in more silencing and have done with it. That guarantees I shall get chucked out of my next sprint ;)
Treachery and old age will always triumph over youthful enthusiasm.

Return to “Motorsport”