Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Re: Gearbox woes

Postby jeffw » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:04 pm

I know....wish I could afford one David

RobMsport
Name: Rob Farley

Postby RobMsport » Wed May 01, 2013 11:50 am

jeffw wrote:Yes, Chris has said the same to me. I'm starting to thing I need something like a Quaife 57G or a sequential 60G and repairing the BGH E8 is just false economy in the long run. Mine is putting oil out through the breather and needs dropping to fix that and it has only been in the car a few meetings since being repaired tail end of last year.

RE---- OIL OUT OF BREATHER
My breather failsafe ------ 'Rob' men in sheds style :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Postby jeffw » Wed May 01, 2013 3:04 pm

My alloy main case looks slightly different than that.

RobMsport

Postby RobMsport » Wed May 01, 2013 5:22 pm

jeffw wrote:My alloy main case looks slightly different than that.

Ah , forgot you had the alloy maincase . Basically , where on mine there's an inch size bulge with a very tiny hole to breath from at it's centre , I've enlarged that hole to 2mm's then used carbon fibre resin glue to fix the 20mm diameter syringe/cut down , over it. Very solidly on there and covered with cycle tube . If it spits more than that then I can attach a plastic tube onto the syringe end ;)
Normally there's just a small residue of oil around the bolt tops but never enough to drip down so likely to be enough on mine.

RobMsport

Postby RobMsport » Sat May 11, 2013 7:36 pm

Engine and box are back in today with just electrics to complete and re-fit the exhaust manifold and silencer . Then it's re-fill with waterwetter and water , oil in box and refit the flipfront . New rodends on the top outer rockers to fit then set-up camber/toe once more , apart from re-covering the tunnel etc it's just about there or will be someday next week. Off to Derby next week for my daughter's wedding so there's no chance of any entries until the next Goodwood TWMC Sprint event but I will be watching you guys on the startline at Abingdon , positioning cars , on the 8th June :!:

All back together and running yesterday/Tues -- nice to here it running again , just rodends to replace and set-up :)

Return to “Motorsport”