UK meetings

Ask questions here on how to use the functions of this forum
Ian Kelly
Name: Ian Kelly

UK meetings

Postby Ian Kelly » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:05 pm

Hi,

Can we add a new heading for arranging meetings around the UK? It would be good to use the forum to arrange drives out. If it's already possible to do this and I'm just a forum numpty, apologies...

Ian

PS - if anyones NW based and fancies a drive somewhere on Sunday if the weather's good, lemmy know!

PPS - I really fancy going over to the Wirral through the Mersey tunnel. No idea what's over there, just want to drive through the tunnel and back :D

petercoll
Name: Peter Collingridge

Re: UK meetings

Postby petercoll » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:25 pm

Good idea - will add this shortly.

Pete

Ian Kelly wrote:Hi,

Can we add a new heading for arranging meetings around the UK? It would be good to use the forum to arrange drives out. If it's already possible to do this and I'm just a forum numpty, apologies...

Ian

PS - if anyones NW based and fancies a drive somewhere on Sunday if the weather's good, lemmy know!

PPS - I really fancy going over to the Wirral through the Mersey tunnel. No idea what's over there, just want to drive through the tunnel and back :D

NeilEverett
Name: Neil Everett

Postby NeilEverett » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:13 am

As a further thought, I know that some forums have a 'calendar' section, which looks a bit like an Outlook calendar screen. Dunno if this is something that our forum software can do, but it strikes me as quite a powerful way of seeing what events are on. But if we can't do this, an events section would be the next best thing!
Sylva Mojo 2.0 Zetec on GSXR750 throttle bodies...
www.mymojo.co.uk - Facebook feed

adithorp
Name: adrian thorp

Postby adithorp » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:42 am

Wouldn't it be easier to re-title the "Trackdays" section to "Events" than have a proliferation of sections? Then have a sticky with regular club meets at the top along with a calender on shows, etc.

adrian

petercoll

Postby petercoll » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:15 pm

That's exactly what I was thinking this morning - great minds think alike (or fools seldom differ ?)

Pete

adithorp wrote:Wouldn't it be easier to re-title the "Trackdays" section to "Events" than have a proliferation of sections? Then have a sticky with regular club meets at the top along with a calender on shows, etc.

adrian

adithorp
Name: adrian thorp

Postby adithorp » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:22 pm

"...(or fools seldom differ ?)..."

Sounds about right!

adrian

petercoll

Postby petercoll » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:04 am

Done.

Pete

adithorp wrote:Wouldn't it be easier to re-title the "Trackdays" section to "Events" than have a proliferation of sections? Then have a sticky with regular club meets at the top along with a calender on shows, etc.

adrian

NeilEverett
Name: Neil Everett

Postby NeilEverett » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:48 am

NeilEverett wrote:As a further thought, I know that some forums have a 'calendar' section, which looks a bit like an Outlook calendar screen. Dunno if this is something that our forum software can do, but it strikes me as quite a powerful way of seeing what events are on. But if we can't do this, an events section would be the next best thing!

I still think it would be useful to have a calendar option of some sort. I have set up a google calendar for my local meet, maybe we could do something similar for the whole JPSC, including local meetings, trackdays, shows, etc etc. Google calendar can be embedded into webpages, so it could be embedded onto the main JPSC site so that everyone could see what the JPSC gets up to.

My calendar:
http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=cXN0bGM4bGY2MTE5NTlwM2xqbXZsMzl2NjRAZ3JvdXAuY2FsZW5kYXIuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbQ
Sylva Mojo 2.0 Zetec on GSXR750 throttle bodies...
www.mymojo.co.uk - Facebook feed

Return to “How to use this forum”