Using Pictures

Ask questions here on how to use the functions of this forum
Edd

Using Pictures

Postby Edd » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:48 pm

Adding pictures to posts is pretty straightforward, but there is a preferred way to do it, and this is described below.

The most important thing to do though is to get your picture down to a decent size - something about 650 pixels wide is best. Much above this, and it will not display properly, and the forum software may even prevent you from displaying it.

There are a number of free tools which allow you to very quickly re-size pictures - just Google for them. I use Prish Resizer.

You can attach the picture in much the same way as you attach a picture to an email, but this means the picture is stored on the forum database. Lots of pictures posted this way will quickly fill up the database, and future posters will be unable to include pictures.

The best way to display a picture (of the appropriate size) on this forum is to host it somewhere like Photobucket, then reference it in your posting here using the [IMG] function.

This is much simpler than it sounds !

Basically once your suitably resized picture is hosted on something like Photobucket, underneath your picture on the Photobucket site you will see some text like:

img http://i95photobucket.com/etc%20etc%20your%20filename /img , but with square brackets around the img and /img parts

like this:

Copy and paste all this text into your posting, putting it in the appropriate place in your message, and your picture will appear like this:

You can use the preview button on the new post screen to see if it works, before you commit it to the forum.

Hope this helps. Shout it it doesn't.

Edd

HighOnThunder
Name: James

Re: Using Pictures

Postby HighOnThunder » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:11 am

Since Photobucket no longer does third party links, I recommend www.tinypic.com. Works fine most of the time.

Edd

Pictures

Postby Edd » Thu May 21, 2020 1:03 pm

HI,
Can anyone recommend a photo uploader that is free as Tinypic has also stopped operating.
Edd

Return to “How to use this forum”