Been lurking for some time....

Start here if you are new to the forum, and just want to say Hello
westgarage
Name: Douglas Anderson

Been lurking for some time....

Postby westgarage » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:08 pm

Thought it about time I introduced myself.
I have had the pleasure of working on a few of JP's car marques although I have never actually owned one :oops:
I live and work in central Scotland.
I'm self-employed, working on hillclimb & sprint cars, kit cars and manufacturing chain drive differentials for bike engined vehicles.
Last year I re-built a Fury which had a bit of an off at the Doune Hillclimb.
The car got a new chassis and body (basically re-used the Hayabusa engine, rear differential and two corners)
The build diary is here http://www.westgarage.co.uk/Projects/fury1.html
Also fitted a new (higher) roll-over bar to a Leader for another Scottish competitor.
My own projects include a Royale RP29 Formula Ford being fitted with an R1 engine, a 1937 Austin Seven Special and three GTM Coupes.

Fizzer

Re: Been lurking for some time....

Postby Fizzer » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:56 pm

How rude of everyone not to say hello!

Some fine machinery there - welcome to the forums! :@)

Andy
Live Axle Fisher Fury: 2lt Blacktop Zetec, Newman cams, Tiger shallow sump, lightened flywheel, grumbly webers, willwood calipers + disk kit.

RobMsport
Name: Rob Farley

Postby RobMsport » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:15 am

Hello from Bucks to Central Scotland :D Your projects sound varied and interesting , especially the 37 A7 Special. I've seen a few A7 specials at our sprints over the years. Any chance of pic's and spec's :?:
The STYLUS had a Scottish sales base until a few years ago but not sure what area. He built a Blue V8 for demo which was beautifully finished.

westgarage

Postby westgarage » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:02 pm

Thanks for the welcome.
There are quite a few Fury's/Stylus & Striker & Leader type cars running in Scottish speed events.
There may even be a couple of Stars stashed away in garages.
One of my old co-workers has the yellow Star in this picture (Doune Hillclimb about 1990).
I hear he still has the car (Lotus twin-cam powered).

westgarage

Postby westgarage » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:14 pm

RobMsport wrote:Hello from Bucks to Central Scotland :D Your projects sound varied and interesting , especially the 37 A7 Special. I've seen a few A7 specials at our sprints over the years. Any chance of pic's and spec's :?:
The STYLUS had a Scottish sales base until a few years ago but not sure what area. He built a Blue V8 for demo which was beautifully finished.

The 1937 A7 Special is based on a 1937 Ruby chassis.
The body is a late 1950's fibreglass Hamblin Cadet Mk2 shell.
Front brakes are single leading shoe hydraulic, rears are still cable operated but the brake cross shaft is hydraulically actuated.
Hydraulic pedalbox is a modified Reliant set with a brake balance bar.
Engine and gearbox are 850cc Reliant to a standard 5.25:1 A7 torque tube rear axle.
Currently, the car runs on 4.00 x 17" road tyres, however I have acquired a set of 15" offset wire wheels and a set of ex. Formula Junior Dunlop race tyres.
Here is a video from 2010 of the A7 at the Bo'ness Revival Hillclimb.
http://youtu.be/9pdTRtA2FoQ

Return to “Introductions”