Hi from Stranraer!

Start here if you are new to the forum, and just want to say Hello
Jek
Name: Jek Rankin

Hi from Stranraer!

Postby Jek » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:00 pm

Hello from Stranraer in South West Scotland!

I'm about to start the build of an R1 Fury. My chassis and bodywork should be ready for collection in early August, can't wait!

Jek

Avagolen
Name: Leonard Jones

Re: Hi from Stranraer!

Postby Avagolen » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:40 pm

Hi Jek, Hope your Kit is ready when expected. Chris mentioned your name when I said I was aware of somone else waiting and asking Q's about lightweight body kits. Mine should be ready at about the same time - getting it powder coated in yellow - mind you, there should not be any confusion as mine is getting a boat anchor as a power plant, so who knows, we may even meet at the collection. Thankfully I am a bit closer living in South Oxfordshire. Len.

Jek

Postby Jek » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:34 pm

Hi Len,

Sorry for the slow reply, hadn't checked this thread in a while!

Chris mentioned there was another chassis on order, and I was wandering whether it was anyone on here!

BGH are receiving my chassis on the 14th August, so it'll be ready for collection about a week later once they've checked everything over! I'm getting quite excited now although I'm not particularly looking forwards to the drive to the factory, its over 450miles each way!

Perhaps I'll see you at the factory sometime next month!

Avagolen
Name: Leonard Jones

Postby Avagolen » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:07 am

Hi Jek, that is a long way.

I hope you have a safe journey and all is A-OK when you get there. I have not contacted Chris for a while so 14th sounds great.

Are you interested in his new ally fuel tank? Sounds good but no price yet as it is still under development.

Excited is not the word I am using - a large mix of emotions including fear and intrepidation as to what I have let myself infor.
It should be great once I get started - it is just the waiting (and cleaning, and painting, and all of those little bits) that are on my mind (and work bench).

Rgds
Len.

Jek

Postby Jek » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:53 pm

Hi Len,

I'm also quite nervous about the scale of the project. Its taken much more time than I anticipated to source, clean and paint the various donor parts, and I still have one or two to go! There's so much to learn and so many little parts to forget about that I'm worried I'll end up having to spend much more than I've predicted!

It would be great to be able to pick up an aluminium fuel tank from BGH but I'm planning on using the R1 bike fuel pump which requires a boss to be welded on the underside, so I might get a custom one made up.

I spoke to Chris today, and everything is still on schedule with the chassis fabricators, so hopefully yours will be ready around the same time?

Jek

Return to “Introductions”