Hi

Start here if you are new to the forum, and just want to say Hello
Furyblade Kev
Name: kevin finch

Hi

Postby Furyblade Kev » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:43 pm

Hi All,
At present i have a Tiger Super 6 which i am keeping til september when i shall put it up for sale. I want to either buy or build a bike engine Striker.
I am going to start to collect some parts ready for a build, i will probably go for R1 or ZX10 engine. What running gear would you use to build the Striker and also what diff would be suitable for bec. Sorry for questions but i have never built one before so any info would be grateful.
Cheers Kev

David
Name: David Hussey

Re: Hi

Postby David » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:43 pm

Hi Kev -- welcome. No problem with "foreign makes" here; I run a Westfield as well as my Striker, and have yet to be turfed of the site.

You'll need to take advice from those who know depending on your engine choice, but for my Hayabusa engined Striker I needed to find a 3.14:1 Sierra 7" diff. Be warned though, such "high" ratios are quite uncommon. You may need to plan ahead. See here: http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthr ... ?tid=85080

HTH

David
Se7en Pervert -- by definition; I don't drive a Caterham

matt_gsxr
Name: Matthew Robson

Re: Hi

Postby matt_gsxr » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:57 am

For zx10r you are best with a 3.14 Sierra diff or a 3.2 freelander
R1 is less of a problem and the more common diffs are suitable.
Depends on wheel size, but have assumed 13inch.

Generally isn't to get a decent top speed, but to keep the RPM down on a fast cruise (i.e. motorway speeds, you don't want to be doing 8kRPM).

Return to “Introductions”