Hi!

Start here if you are new to the forum, and just want to say Hello
stig730@hotmail.com
Name: Nick Moy

Re: Hi!

Postby stig730@hotmail.com » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:10 pm

Hi Marty
As the guys have said Duratec as per the build posts on here, the J15 Jeremy sent to USA for Chet i think ? had a Hyabusa in, there is a fella who use to race a Riot with a Sigma has now built a J15 with Honda type R having seen the Riot in action at Cadwell and the bhp the Sigma had (he told me approx 190) god knows how much the type r is producing.
I may be wrong but i believe Jeremy will look at anything for you but its probably going to cost if it hasnt been done before.

Nick M

timhoverd
Name: Tim Hoverd

Postby timhoverd » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:05 pm

matt_gsxr wrote:Do you need to "stretch" the chassis into a J16 like you have to fit a subaru engine in?
Of does the standard size work?

To be honest, I don't know. We measured my LWB chassis and a friend who has a storage unit full of Subaru engines measured them and pronounced there to be plenty of room. Since then I've often wondered about it.

matt_gsxr wrote:p.s. very much enjoying following your progress this year.

:) Thanks.

Tim
Il semble que la perfection soit atteinte non quand il n'y a plus rien à ajouter, mais quand il n'y a plus rien à retrancher.

timhoverd
Name: Tim Hoverd

Postby timhoverd » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:08 pm

RobMsport wrote:HOWEVER , I've driven two Subaru's in anger , both engines gave out within 3 laps ..

I've not driven one on a track, I thought we were talking about them on the road. I have done many 000s of miles in road-going Imprezas and they were great. To be honest, I got rid of the cars because I thought I'd probably end up losing my licence as they were just such fantastic fun.

I'd probably NA in a road car, I don't think you need a huge amount of power in order to make a decent road car...

T
Il semble que la perfection soit atteinte non quand il n'y a plus rien à ajouter, mais quand il n'y a plus rien à retrancher.

jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Postby jeffw » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:52 am

I owned an Impreza for 3 years and did a number of track days without an issue. I've not heard of engine failures on track previously except for very highly tuned versions. There where a number of failures at sustained high speed of Number 3 cylinder but this tended to be 140+ on the Autobahn.

RobMsport
Name: Rob Farley

Postby RobMsport » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:24 am

On both occasions it was an oil starvation problem.

Return to “Introductions”