Yellow Phoenix, rebodied magazine striker. . . Kidderminster

Start here if you are new to the forum, and just want to say Hello
philfingers
Name: Phil of course

Yellow Phoenix, rebodied magazine striker. . . Kidderminster

Postby philfingers » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:02 am

I'm Phil, I've have been hankering after another one for a while. I had a 1600 cross flow engined MkIII striker with swept wings between 1994 and 1996, then a westfield and a few road rally car since then too. Went to Anglesey on Friday and bought a yellow striker/phoenix that had been listed on Ebay.

Not sure if I have done the right thing, needs a bit more work than I thought, cooking 1300 Xflow on 40s. It was originally a striker built by Chris Paterson around 1990 and was a feature car in one of the mags. History is chequered but the guy I got it off basically was a classic bike trader and took in part ex 3 months ago from someone over Lincolnshire way. It was rebodied probably early to mid 2000s. I have early MOTs up to 1994 when it was Green and then two 2006 and 2007 when it was yellow, the former at 1400 miles. Now with 1700 miles

Condition wise (pics at http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z143 ... 20Phoenix/ ) there’s surface rust on the chassis members in the engine bay, gelcoat cracked in a few places. Dash not tidy and a mixture of clocks. Pedal box (bias unit), solid discs all around and all need repalcing, not sure what they're off tho. 4 speed box, engine has 40s, facet pump and pressure regulator. Rocker cover says rally tune. The original build (for the mag) was done by Richard Sollicks with mexico head, big valves, 234 cam, lightweight german pistons, cosworth bolts. This is how it was advertised but 20 years on who knows what’s in there, doesn't look like it's been apart in years. It sounds sweet tho, ran it up for 20 mins today and oil pressure ticking over never dropped below about 50 psi (mechanical gauge). No idea on the rear diff ratio, inboard dampers and a minivan tank. Competition clutch by the feel of it

Plan is to get it through the MOT and use it for a bit. Needs brakes sorting, indicators and hazards don't work. It's got some dog aweful 3 spoke rims on it circa early 90's. Would like some 4 spoke rev's or maybe minilight type wheels but 13" tyres seem more expensive than 15" these days.

Phil
STM Phoenix R1 IRS Quaiffe reverse & LSD
Sold- Sylva Striker 1660 XF, 40s live axle
Sold- Sylva Phoenix- 1300 XF, 234, 40s live axle.
205 mi16 tarmac rally car, Audi A6 2.7 TDi S-line and a few motorbikes

matt_gsxr
Name: Matthew Robson

Re: Yellow Phoenix, rebodied magazine striker. . . Kidderminster

Postby matt_gsxr » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:57 am

Welcome back to the fold.

I saw that. Looks nice except that the wheels hurt my eyes!!!

Jeff is selling some 14inch minilites on here. Do the decent thing please.

Matt

jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Postby jeffw » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:14 pm

Phil has beaten you to it :)

petercoll
Name: Peter Collingridge

Postby petercoll » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:02 pm

Phil,

Get it across to Stoneleigh at the May Bank holiday.

Pete

Return to “Introductions”