Hello from the New Forest - Hampshire

Start here if you are new to the forum, and just want to say Hello
Matted
Name: Matt Draysey

Hello from the New Forest - Hampshire

Postby Matted » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:37 pm

Hi all I have been a long term kit car enthusiast being involved in build kits for over 20 years (can't believe it's been that long) The list of kits that I've owed or been involved in is as follows: GTM Rossa, Westfield, Gemini, Domini Pimlico, Sylva Star, SR Cobra, Ibex.

After visiting the dark side of classic car restoration, a seven year rebuild of a 1968 MK2 Mini Cooper S - ( Link to some photo's of the build - http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e272/matted/ ) I am now on the look out for a new project to take me into some gentle hill climbing and sprints. My short list has come down to Raw Striker, Phoenix and the Sylva J15. I was drawn to do a bike based kit, but I might have a good source of a Ford Zetec, which has been very well tweaked?

So I hope that some of you might be able offer advice and help during the future build (which might start next year sometime?)

Cheers and look forward to talking in the future

Matt

Edd

Re: Hello from the New Forest - Hampshire

Postby Edd » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:34 pm

Hi and welcome, can't answer your question but I have a Striker!
Edd.

easisatman
Name: Paul Duval

Postby easisatman » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:25 am

Hi Welcome to the mad house!

Like yourself I have built kit cars 2x Spartens 1x Dutton Pheaton and have rally crossed and grass tracked many mini coopers and s's. My latest toy is a sylva/raw striker with a Yamaha R1 engine and all I can say is WOW!! It brings a smile to my face every time i get in it!! I bought this car already completed as its hard to get new builds registered here in Spain (where I am now living) I have had a couple of trackdays here including circuit de catalunya about 8 mins from my house and could recommend the striker or Phoenex (same Chassis) or my thinking is the New fulcrum from raw with a duretec engine, anyway keep asking questions on here everyone is friendly and helpful ,and Happy Building!!! :D :D

Regards
Paul
Barcelona

adithorp
Name: adrian thorp

Postby adithorp » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:36 pm

Welcome. You can't go far wrong with any of those choices (though I'd add the Fury to the list ;) ).
adrian

Return to “Introductions”