Hi from the slowest build ever!

Start here if you are new to the forum, and just want to say Hello
JWreford
Name: John Wreford

Hi from the slowest build ever!

Postby JWreford » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:02 am

Hi everyone

Well done on setting this board up.

Just to reintroduce myself, although I have lurked and occassionaly contributed on the other lists. I have somewhere in my garage a part built Fury Spyder, x-flow engine fitted.

Work started way back in '97 (!) and it was originally going to be to race in the 750MC kit car series. Unfortunately a few health problems over the years have seen very little progress once the mechanical stuff was largely completed. Got stuck on the bodywork and the wiring etc also needs to be sorted.

I'll never race now as I won't pass the medical so if it ever gets finished it will be as a road/track day car.

Each year is going to be 'the year' but again I've had a few health problems in the last couple of months so maybe it will be 2010!

Best wishes

John
Farnborough, Hants

stephencoombs
Name: Stephen Coombs

Re: Hi from the slowest build ever!

Postby stephencoombs » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:43 pm

Hi,
My name is Stephen Coombs and I've just joined the forum. I'm not far in front of John having bought my Phoenix kit from Ian Gray at Stuart Taylor Motorsport in November 2002. I thought I must have been the slowest. The engine is a late Sierra in line 1.6 CVH that I completely rebuilt in 2003. It hadn't run until last weekend when to my utter suprise it fired on the second turn. It's got wasted spark ignition and throttle bodies off a GSXR 600 Suzuki bike with an Emerald ECU. I was a bit lucky with the mapping. Still a fair way to go with finishing details and tuning but I hope to get it on the road in time for my 65th birthday in October. I can post some photo's if anyone's interested.
Best regards to all
Stephen
Oswestry, Shropshire

Fury Pilot
Name: Rob H

Postby Fury Pilot » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:09 am

JWreford wrote:Hi everyone

Well done on setting this board up.

Just to reintroduce myself, although I have lurked and occassionaly contributed on the other lists. I have somewhere in my garage a part built Fury Spyder, x-flow engine fitted.

Work started way back in '97 (!) and it was originally going to be to race in the 750MC kit car series. Unfortunately a few health problems over the years have seen very little progress once the mechanical stuff was largely completed. Got stuck on the bodywork and the wiring etc also needs to be sorted.

I'll never race now as I won't pass the medical so if it ever gets finished it will be as a road/track day car.

Each year is going to be 'the year' but again I've had a few health problems in the last couple of months so maybe it will be 2010!

Best wishes

John
Farnborough, Hants

Hi John,

I often drive my Fury to work in Farnborough! Let me know if you'd like to me up some time...

Rob

Fury1630
Name: Tony Hart

Postby Fury1630 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:05 pm

I often drive my Fury to work in Farnborough too (Aerospace Centre) small world Sylvadom! :D

T
"Low Commotion" Quite possibly the slowest Fury.........................................................................in the world.

Fury Pilot
Name: Rob H

Postby Fury Pilot » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:53 pm

Fury1630 wrote:I often drive my Fury to work in Farnborough too (Aerospace Centre) small world Sylvadom! :D

T

BAE? Me QinetiQ (Aerospace Division).

R

JWreford
Name: John Wreford

Postby JWreford » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:49 am

Hi Guys

Not ignoring you - been in and out of hospital a bit these last few weeks and with a few more trips due shortly!

Once things are a bit more stable it would be great to meet up.

Cheers

John

Return to “Introductions”