Hello there

Start here if you are new to the forum, and just want to say Hello
tuxedoracing
Name: Brian Stevens

Hello there

Postby tuxedoracing » Sat May 29, 2010 11:27 pm

Hi
My Name is Brian and i am an expat from New Zealand. Been in the UK for 10 years now.I have been racing and rallying for the last 25 years. My current steed is a cough cough a westfield(am I allowed to say that on here) but in the near future hope to upgrade to a striker.
The current car is powered by Felix Wankels finest. A 13b rotary engine putting out about 180bhp through a mazda close ratio gear box.Its got some handling issues but as rob said its not to slow in a straight line
Cheers
Brian
Mazda Rotary Westy SEIW.Soon to be sporting new body mods(wings etc) and better brakes so I can stop the damn thing

David
Name: David Hussey

Re: Hello there

Postby David » Sun May 30, 2010 8:36 pm

Hi Brian

Given the treatment you received on the WSCC boardroom when you asked about cages, I'm not surprised you are thinking of "upgrading" :?

Welcome

David
Se7en Pervert -- by definition; I don't drive a Caterham

tuxedoracing

Postby tuxedoracing » Sun May 30, 2010 11:16 pm

Ah my reputation preceeds me :lol:
Mazda Rotary Westy SEIW.Soon to be sporting new body mods(wings etc) and better brakes so I can stop the damn thing

tuxedoracing

Postby tuxedoracing » Mon May 31, 2010 10:03 pm

I went back onto WSCC to clarify something and the thread has now been removed with no explanation to me by the mods.I do find it a bit rude really. If I did anything wrong I would expect to recieve a polite email mentioning said infringement.Oh well not to worry i will sleep well tonight knowing that my car will be for sale in the new year.Yes I know its a good 6 months away but I want to beat some proper westfields first with the mongrel :twisted:
Then I will explore the striker/fulcrum.If only I could get a rear engined JPSC that would use a porshe type gearbox layout I would be a very happy camper

Brian

David
Name: David Hussey

Postby David » Mon May 31, 2010 10:28 pm

tuxedoracing wrote:If only I could get a rear engined JPSC that would use a porshe type gearbox layout I would be a very happy camper

Brian

You could talk to Jeremy -- but I think you'll find that they are all designed around engine/gearbox/diff aggregates sourced complete from FWD saloons :(
Se7en Pervert -- by definition; I don't drive a Caterham

tuxedoracing

Postby tuxedoracing » Mon May 31, 2010 10:33 pm

David wrote:
tuxedoracing wrote:If only I could get a rear engined JPSC that would use a porshe type gearbox layout I would be a very happy camper

Brian

You could talk to Jeremy -- but I think you'll find that they are all designed around engine/gearbox/diff aggregates sourced complete from FWD saloons :(

I thought about that but its the expense and I hate expense.lol
If I could find a generous benifactor then I will go for it

Return to “Introductions”