New member in Kent

Start here if you are new to the forum, and just want to say Hello
cheslop
Name: Chris Heslop

New member in Kent

Postby cheslop » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:30 pm

Hi, although I have had my Striker for nearly 3 years I have just got round to joining the forum. I would be interested to see if any other JPSC owners are near to me in Bromley. My own Striker is a live axle Ford x flow machine with a 1700cc engine from Vulcan Engineering with twin webber 40's but only running a BCF2 cam. I am hoping to have a close ratio box fitted by BGH in the next few months as I find the current standard type 9 box a little fustrating. The car is not a show car with some 12,000 miles done in it, however it never fails to leave me with a big smile when I drive it.

100_0050 modified.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

petercoll
Name: Peter Collingridge

Re: New member in Kent

Postby petercoll » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:53 pm

Hi welcome to the forum. That's a very tidy looking Striker.

Pete

Maverick440
Name: Mark Taylor

Postby Maverick440 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:37 pm

Mmmmm as Pete said, nice striker

David
Name: David Hussey

Postby David » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:00 pm

cheslop wrote:I am hoping to have a close ratio box fitted by BGH in the next few months as I find the current standard type 9 box a little frustrating.

Welcome Cheslop.
If I might be so bold, I'd recommend that you look at the option of a straight-cut box (for instance Tran-X) before plumping definitely for the BGH helical. They make a lot more noise, but will stand up to motorsport rather better if you ever decide to give sprinting/hillclimbing/racing a go.
David
Se7en Pervert -- by definition; I don't drive a Caterham

Return to “Introductions”