Returning member

Start here if you are new to the forum, and just want to say Hello
Phoenix Dave
Name: David

Returning member

Postby Phoenix Dave » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:04 am

Hi Chaps,

I'm a returning JPSC member (Fisher Fury), now purchased a 'Stuart Taylor Phoenix'
build which needs IVA - any tips/advice would be greatly apreciated. Finding the chassis number would be a good start?

Cheers!

obfripper
Name: Dave Strawbridge

Re: Returning member

Postby obfripper » Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:09 pm

Hi,

I assume that stuart taylor would have stamped the chassis number on the front left hand upper rail as per sylvas of the same age, i don't know if the round tube chassis versions will be the same.

You may want to contact the dvla to check whether the stuart taylor chassis number will be accepted for iva/registration, it is likely they will issue you a new 17 digit vin as that seems to be the norm for non mass produced vehicles, and they don't accept a self made number anymore.

The original chassis number can remain as reference to the original point of manufacture, ie the sylva chassis numbers have the model and manufacture date coded into the digits, the current normal place for the vin to be marked is on the right hand front of the chassis in an accessible & viewable area, it may he wise to mark it elsewhere in undisclosed locations for security purposes.

Hope that helps,

Dave

Return to “Introductions”