Better late than never

Start here if you are new to the forum, and just want to say Hello
stephencoombs
Name: Stephen Coombs

Better late than never

Postby stephencoombs » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:41 pm

Hi,
I'm Stephen Coombs an inactive member for many years. I bought a Phoenix kit from Stuart Taylor MS at the end of 2002 and worked on when I had time until 2010. I did post some details in 2009. It was practically complete but an upheaval in my life meant it has lain untouched in my garage just gathering dust since then. Under the present lockdown being 75 years old and banned by my daughters from shopping even though I am pretty fit, I have more than sufficient time to finish the car. After turning the engine without fuel or spark many times I got oil pressure so put in some fuel (robbed the mower jerry can) and tried to start it without success. The problem was a failed crankshaft sensor. With a new one fitted it fired on the third go. My daughter was there to make a video having brought my shopping. I will post the video if anyone's interested to see my euphoria.
The main purpose of this post is to ask if anyone knows the best way to seal the bonnet to the bulkhead. Whilst I wouldn't intend to drive it the rain best to be prepared.
Take care everyone
Stephen

Edd

Re: Better late than never

Postby Edd » Tue May 12, 2020 4:32 pm

Isnt the firing of an engine you have worked on the best feeling!
Edd

Return to “Introductions”