New forum member from Bolton

Start here if you are new to the forum, and just want to say Hello
Bolton
Name: Simon Cunliffe

New forum member from Bolton

Postby Bolton » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:58 pm

Hiya

From my early 20s (now 56) I've fancied building a kit car but haven't had the funds, garage space, time or experience to be able to build one. Apart from the experience I now to a degree have what I need! In all the time that there has been one real source of inspiration, Jeremy Phillips.

So... I have a budget of ideally £10k at a push £12k to build something.

I'm not interested in racing, I'm more of a fair weather, country lane driver with occasional (well maybe) track day and plenty of polishing.

I do love the looks of the Spectre/Vectis/J15/J17 and is high on my list. Closely followed by Strikers, Riots, Phoenixs

I'll be lingering around the forum for advice and inspiration while I develop the bottle to do it!

I'm in the Bolton area if there is anyone reasonably local who has gone through the process I'd love to meet up for a chat!

adithorp
Name: adrian thorp

Re: New forum member from Bolton

Postby adithorp » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:47 pm

Welcome. You can't go far wrong with any of those. Can you make it to the Sylva open day in August. If you came along to the trackday the day before you could probably scrounge a few rides and then camp over. Should be a good evenings craic as well.

Bolton
Name: Simon Cunliffe

Re: New forum member from Bolton

Postby Bolton » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:33 am

adithorp wrote:Welcome. You can't go far wrong with any of those. Can you make it to the Sylva open day in August. If you came along to the trackday the day before you could probably scrounge a few rides and then camp over. Should be a good evenings craic as well.

Yes I've pencilled the 12th August in my diary (i'll dust off the tent :) ) and I'm hoping to try and get a trip down before then to have a chat with David about the J17.

Return to “Introductions”