Sylva Leader owner in Fareham

Start here if you are new to the forum, and just want to say Hello
crashmatt
Name: Matt Owen

Sylva Leader owner in Fareham

Postby crashmatt » Mon May 05, 2014 7:09 pm

image.jpg
Hello Folks,
Figured I'd best get the awkward first post out the way. Have been the Proud owner of a Leader for the past 4 or so years, 2.5 of which I used it to provide me with big grins on the weekend but the past 18 months it has fallen foul of the "time to make it my own" rebuild idea! :cry:

The original plan was to just get they body done, she is an ex racer and had a lot of battle scars, but once that was off I felt the need to fit a fandangaly pedal box with bias bar.......what was I thinking! Then the spaghetti of a wiring loom reared it's ugly head which was attached to a very flakey rev limiter, chafed wiring every where, the list goes on........

However, to the here and now, the pedal box is fitted and as of this weekend we have ( very good ) brakes, god knows how the bias is but we will soon find out! :shock: clutch is all working as the throttle. :D

Have acquired a box of tricks from CBS to set me on the right path with the loom and an accuspark electronic dizzy too.

Geeky stuff:
sylva Leader
1700 xflow ( the spec of this is a little grey as , having been raced ,various mods have been done but little history available to confirm anything, however I did have her on rolling road not long after purchase and it was delivering 115bhp)
4 speed rocket box
Spax adjustables all round

That's about it, I'll post some pics and tales of woe about the rebuild soon

Matt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RedStar
Name: Karl Davies

Re: Sylva Leader owner in Fareham

Postby RedStar » Mon May 05, 2014 8:36 pm

Looking good! Some detail pictures of your work/progress will be welcomed by myself at least. :D
Sylva Star 2L Fiat Twincam with Twin Weber 40 DCOE
Currently being restored after 10 years standing

jeffw
Name: Jeff Wiltshire

Postby jeffw » Mon May 05, 2014 9:38 pm

I drove through Fareham today (visiting my Dad in Gosport). Nice to know there are Sylva owners around that part of the world as well.

andypg
Name: andy gardner

Postby andypg » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:51 pm

I've not long moved back to fareham from northeast.Not had much chance to drive the striker yet though! Good to see others in the area!Andy.

Edd

Postby Edd » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:28 am

Andy,
Not the same Andy with a Blue Striker in the Middlesbrough area?
Edd

andypg
Name: andy gardner

Postby andypg » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:59 pm

Same one!

Spybot84
Name: Chris Yates

Postby Spybot84 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:13 pm

Hi Matt

I have sent you a pm. I am too a sylva leader owner currently refurbing it and I am struggling getting it to brake. I currently have the 1.3 xflow engine in it but am in the process of sticking in a 1.6 xflow. It doesn't stop now so god knows what will happen when the new engine fitted. :shock:

Return to “Introductions”