Lockdown projects

The forum for talking about anything, but generally not about JP cars
Edd

Lockdown projects

Postby Edd » Thu May 21, 2020 1:05 pm

All,
Has anyone been up to much?
I've finally got the rear of Striker rebuilt, just need to glass in the boot and seal it all before getting an MOT and hopefully enjoy some summer driving!
Edd

adithorp
Name: adrian thorp

Re: Lockdown projects

Postby adithorp » Fri May 22, 2020 7:18 pm

I wish. The Fury is at work gathering dirt. Summer tour to the Alps cancelled so not had any pressure to do anything to it.

I was skiing in Italy and France at the beginning of March and was ill when I got back. I was pretty rough but got through it and gave myself an extra week or so after I felt better to be sure I was over it. After that I gave that I set about getting back out cycling and manage to clock up a fair amount of miles until this week when we've partially opened up at work again.

I have got 75% of the way through making a new carbon dash for a customers Westfield this week.

pigeondave
Name: David Malenczak

Postby pigeondave » Wed May 27, 2020 1:37 pm

adithorp wrote:I wish. The Fury is at work gathering dirt. Summer tour to the Alps cancelled so not had any pressure to do anything to it.

Funny that, my exhaust which fell off at Calais last year, is still in the same position as I left it after removing the sidepod.

I should really get the Fury going again as I'll be driving it to work.

I've cleared the driveway. Is that a project?

I'm reluctant to clear up other peoples crap (stuff on the right of the photo)

Also waiting for a friend of a friend to go back to work and get some ducting so i can make a turbo burn barrel.

Before

After

Edd

Postby Edd » Fri May 29, 2020 8:54 am

adithorp wrote:I wish. The Fury is at work gathering dirt. Summer tour to the Alps cancelled so not had any pressure to do anything to it.

I was skiing in Italy and France at the beginning of March and was ill when I got back. I was pretty rough but got through it and gave myself an extra week or so after I felt better to be sure I was over it. After that I gave that I set about getting back out cycling and manage to clock up a fair amount of miles until this week when we've partially opened up at work again.

I have got 75% of the way through making a new carbon dash for a customers Westfield this week.

Wow Adi,
Hadn't thought about your Alps trip, make it a big one next year?
Edd

adithorp

Postby adithorp » Sun May 31, 2020 2:57 pm

Yes, losing the tour is a disappointment but we hadn't got around to planning when this hit, other than who's up for it and where does anyone fancy going...

And it's given JimGiblett time to actually build a car to go in. He sold his Fury and only had a pile of rusty parts in his garage... And of course pigeondave extra time to procrastinate instead of doing repairs.

pigeondave

Re: Lockdown2 projects

Postby pigeondave » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:02 pm

I've just had a wood delivery, I'm looking to build a 2.5m bench across the back of the garage mentioned above.

I've got some 18mm ply for the top of the bench.

What would everyone recommend sealing it with or should i just leave it raw?
It's BB/B so it looks lovely (sisters bf says it's too good for a shed :lol: ).

pigeondave

Postby pigeondave » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:03 am

Slowly coming along

Probably should have painted the walls first

2.5m wide and 900 deep, 36 inches high

adithorp

Postby adithorp » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:20 pm

Looking good. Nothing to stop you painting the walls before the top goes on (you won't though). Not sure I'd bother sealing it. A length of steel angle across the front edge wouldn't go amiss to protect it.
Something like this...
https://www.diy.com/departments/varnish ... 071_BQ.prd

peter030371
Name: Peter Smith

Postby peter030371 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:53 pm

Whats a lockdown project? Still got my job to do plus filling in for some staff in isolation or shielding :o

Striker has been untouched since I sorted the brakes out in April/March :(

Busiest year every but not complaining as at least my business is still running when others can't.
Editor of 'The Proper Job'

pigeondave

Postby pigeondave » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:43 pm

peter030371 wrote:Whats a lockdown project? Still got my job to do plus filling in for some staff in isolation or shielding :o

Striker has been untouched since I sorted the brakes out in April/March :(

Busiest year every but not complaining as at least my business is still running when others can't.

I'm busy like I never have been, and they've cut the pay 10%. I wonder if we're buying the work, that's a Genie you won't get back in the bottle.

Away I've taken a day off and got the 1st fix electrics done, note the sockets on the walls

Return to “The Local”