J15/Vectis build photos

For general chat, questions etc about cars designed by JP - the main forum
guyschofield
Name: Guy Schofield

J15/Vectis build photos

Postby guyschofield » Mon May 27, 2019 6:11 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm building a j16/Vectis that I bought a couple of months ago part-finished. It came with a DVD-ROM of photos that Jeremy Phillips had put together of his own prototype build which apparently was really helpful in getting the car to the stage it is now. Only problem is: the DVD's too scratched to play1

Did anybody else who bought a J15 or a Vectis from Jeremy get anything similar with the kit? Was this a standard thing? If so, would anybody be prepared to share them with me? Alternatively, does anybody have a contact for Jeremy or know what he's up to these days?

Thanks a lot!
Guy

Edd

Re: J15/Vectis build photos

Postby Edd » Tue May 28, 2019 10:51 am

HI,
Jeremy is now retired, which doesn't help much. Sylva is now owned by David Mcbean, http://www.sylvasportscars.co.uk/, he does reply eventually and often on facebook. He may have a copy of said DVD.
Edd

pigeondave
Name: David Malenczak

Postby pigeondave » Tue May 28, 2019 1:07 pm

If the DVD is toast, you could try polishing out the scratches.

I use the same stuff on CD's which I use on the headlights. But I'm sure any plastic polish would work.

Like I say, if its dead already it's worth a punt.

kdempsie
Name: Keith Dempsie

Postby kdempsie » Wed May 29, 2019 12:59 pm

Guy,

I have a stack of pictures I got from Jeremy when I started my build. I will dig them out and see if I can get them on a disc or probably a memory stick since my new laptop doesn't have a disc drive.

I'll try and take a look tonight, if I can't manage this evening it will be next week as I'm away for the weekend.

Keith.

Return to “Jeremy Philips Cars”